The Walgreens Healthcare Clinic Nurse Practitioners believe in excellence and are passionate about providing outstanding patient care and promoting wellness services as the premier provider of quality, accessible, and convenient care. The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for providing patient care consistent with Walgreens Healthcare Clinic's scope of services for patients 18 months or older. Our professional clinics are located within a community retail store and staffed 363 days a year. Nurse Practitioners are flexible in staffing the clinics and float the market as well as adjust schedules to meet market and patient needs. Nurse Practitioners are the heart and soul of our nurse practitioner-based health care model committed to providing and promoting patient-centered communication and care. The Nurse Practitioner will have a rotating work schedule to meet the staffing needs of the individual clinics. Clinics are open 7 days a week, 363 days a year and staffed each day by our Providers.
• Provides episodic and chronic care, screening, and education to our Healthcare Clinic patients.
• Participates in a collegial fashion with all wellness services colleagues.
• Supports and follows the most current evidence-based guidelines of practice in providing quality patient care.
• Provides diagnostic screenings and common vaccinations.
• Participates in ongoing Quality Assurance audits to include Peer Review, CP Review, Medication Administration review, and continuing education.
• Achieves company objectives related to healthcare quality, patient engagement, and finances.
• Advocates clinic services to patients, store customers, and the local community by consistently executing promotional program elements including signage, promotional codes/offers, and conducting local outreach.
• Participates in ongoing professional education. Maintains current state licensure and national certification. Participates in national, state, and local Nurse Practitioner organizations.
• Communicates continuously with Healthcare Clinics' leadership to enhance our patient- centric experiences.
• Meets and maintains all legal requirements per state and national statutes to practice within state (for your market) as a family nurse practitioner.
• Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the following requirements are required: sitting, standing, talking and hearing.
• Work up to a 12 hour shift
• Sit up to 6-8 hours/day
• Stand up to 4-6 hours/day
• Bend to reach supplies/materials occasionally
• Reach with hands and arms in excess of 20 inches frequently throughout the day
• Reach to elevated supplies/materials, occasionally to heights of 72-75 inches, and regularly to heights of 55-65 inches
• Use a step-stool, as necessary, to reach elevated materials
• Lift materials up to 10 pounds frequently, up to 20 pounds occasionally
• Grasp patient diagnosis tools
• Key information into a computer workstation
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.