This is a general posting for current and future opportunities with the Walgreens, Healthcare Clinics. Please submit your resume and contact information for current and future opportunities.
The Take Care Nurse Practitioner (TCNP) believes in excellence and is passionate about providing outstanding patient care and promoting Take Care Health Systems as the premier provider of quality, accessible, and convenient care. The TCNP will be responsible for providing patient care consistent with Take Care Clinic's scope of services for patients 18 months or older. Our professional clinics are located within a community retail store and staffed 363 days a year. TCNPs float the market and adjust schedules to meet market and patient needs. TCNP's are the heart and soul of our new nurse practitioner-based health care model committed to providing and promoting patient-centered communication and care.
The TCNP will have a rotating work schedule to meet the staffing needs of the individual clinics. Essential Functions
- Provide episodic and chronic care, screening, and education to our Take Care Health patients.
- Is flexible in staffing the clinics; is able to float the market and adjust schedules to meet market and patient needs.
- Committed to excellence, best practices, and superior customer service with every patient.
- Extend warm, compassionate care to all with a respect for the diversity of all patients.
- Participate in a collegial fashion with all Take Care Health System colleagues.
- Support and follow the most current evidence-based guidelines of practice in providing quality patient care.
- Provide diagnostic screenings and common vaccinations as outlined in Take Care Health Systems' evidence-based guidelines.
- Participate in ongoing Quality Assurance audits to include Peer Review, CP Review, Medication Administration review, and continuing education.
- Achieve company objectives related to healthcare quality, patient engagement, and finances.
- Advocates clinic services to patients, store customers, and the local community by consistently executing promotional program elements including signage, promotional codes/offers, and conducting local outreach.
- Competency in utilizing electronic medical records and information systems to provide superior patient care documentation.
- Participate in ongoing professional education.
- Maintain current state licensure and national certification.
- Participate in national, state, and local Nurse Practitioner organizations.
- Continuously communicate with Take Care Clinics' leadership to enhance our patient- centric experiences.
- Clinics are open 7 days a week, 363 days a year and staffed each day by our Take Care Providers.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary by the Market Manager, Regional Vice President and Chief Nurse Practitioner Officer.
- Licensure requirements.
- Valid Advanced Practice State License issued by the State Board of Nursing.
- Valid accreditation from the AANP or ANCC as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Valid Prescriptive Authority (per state practice requirements).
- Meet and maintain all legal requirements per state and national statutes to practice within state (for your market) as a family nurse practitioner.
- CPR Certification.
- Minimum of eight (8) months of family nurse practitioner clinical experience.
- Recent experience with pediatric patients (18 months and older).
- Meet and maintain all legal requirements per state and national statutes.
- Team oriented and passionate about growing TCHS
- Enthusiastic in the delivery of compassionate, quality patient-centric care.
- Excellent communication skills that will enable the Nurse Practitioner to provide an informed patient experience, and promote the clinic's services within the clinics, our retail partner, and the community.
- Basic business skills that will foster an exceptional patient experience from check-in through check-out (including: cash collection, insurance information gathering) through our EMR
- Ability to complete training and utilize the TCHS electronic medical record and information systems.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Pleasant interpersonal demeanor and ability to work with all levels of associates and leadership.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of the job, the colleague will be required to meet the demands of the following requirements: sit, stand, talk and hear. In addition, the colleague must have the ability to:
- Work up to a 12 hour shift
- Sit up to 6-8 hours/day
- Stand up to 4-6 hours/day
- Bend to reach supplies/materials occasionally
- Reach with hands and arms in excess of 20 inches frequently throughout the day
- Reach to elevated supplies/materials, occasionally to heights of 72-75 inches, and regularly to heights of 55-65 inches
- Use a step-stool, as necessary, to reach elevated materials
- Lift materials up to 10 pounds frequently, up to 20 pounds occasionally
- Grasp patient diagnosis tools
- Key information into a computer workstation
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people! M/F/D/V
Servicing cities of; Seymour, Franklin, North Vernon, Shelbyville, Greensburg, Greenwood, Martinsville, Bloomington, Beech Grove, Mooresville, Bedford, Greenfield, Plainfield, Madison
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.