Full Time, Part Time and PRN–Physician Assistant–Opportunities Available–Denver,CO
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posted: October 20, 2017
Reference ID: 6029539
The Walgreens Healthcare Clinic Physician Assistant believes in excellence and is passionate about providing outstanding patient care and promoting wellness services as the premier provider of quality, accessible, and convenient care. Provides patient care that is consistent with Walgreens Healthcare Clinic's scope of services for patients 18 months or older. Our professional clinics are located within a community retail store and staffed 363 days a year. The Physician Assistant is flexible in staffing the clinics and is able to float the market and adjust schedules to meet market and patient needs. The Physician Assistant will have a rotating work schedule to meet the staffing needs of the individual clinics. Clinics are open 7 days a week, 363 days a year and staffed each day by our Providers.
• Provides episodic and chronic care, screening, and education to our Walgreens Healthcare Clinic patients.
• Participates in a collegial fashion with all wellness services colleagues.
• Supports and follows the most current evidence-based guidelines of practice in providing quality patient care.
• Provides diagnostic screenings and common vaccinations.
• Participates in ongoing Quality Assurance audits to include Peer Review, CP Review, Medication Administration review, and continuing education.
• Achieves company objectives related to healthcare quality, patient engagement, and finances.
• Advocates clinic services to patients, store customers, and the local community by consistently executing promotional program elements including signage, promotional codes/offers, and conducting local outreach.
• Participates in ongoing professional education. Maintains current state licensure and national certification. Participates in national, state, and local Physician Assistant organizations.
• Communicates continuously with Healthcare Clinics' leadership to enhance our patient- centric experiences.
• Meets and maintains all legal requirements per state and national statutes to practice within state (for your market) as a Physician Assistant.
• Valid Advanced Practice State License issued by the State Board of Medical Examiners.
• At least 8 months of Physician Assistant clinical experience.
• Valid accreditation from the ARC-PA or CAHEA or CAAHEP as a Physician Assistant (PA).
• Valid Prescriptive Authority (per state practice requirements).
• CPR Certification.
• Experience with pediatric patients (18 months and older).
• Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
• Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Basic business skills that will foster an exceptional patient experience from check-in through check-out (including: cash collection, insurance information gathering) through our EMR.
• Experience with the wellness electronic medical record and information systems.
• Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
• Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
• Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the following requirements are required: sitting, standing, talking and hearing.
• Work up to a 12 hour shift
• Sit up to 6-8 hours/day
• Stand up to 4-6 hours/day
• Bend to reach supplies/materials occasionally
• Reach with hands and arms in excess of 20 inches frequently throughout the day
• Reach to elevated supplies/materials, occasionally to heights of 72-75 inches, and regularly to heights of 55-65 inches
• Use a step-stool, as necessary, to reach elevated materials
• Lift materials up to 10 pounds frequently, up to 20 pounds occasionally
• Grasp patient diagnosis tools
• Key information into a computer workstation