Full Time Security Officer- Kunia, Oahu, HI, job description
This position reports to the Hawaii Security Manager, located at the Monsanto Hawaii sites, and is responsible for supporting the functions of Global Security. Responsibilities include:
- Under direct supervision performs assigned tasks from detailed instructions, established policies and procedures.
- Protects the organizations physical assets by maintaining and safeguarding the physical perimeter, exterior, and interior perimeters of the facility.
- Patrols, stands guard and protects the facilities by foot and/or vehicle to detect or prevent illegal/unauthorized activities.
- Provides security protection for all organizational facilities, classified material and personnel within areas of responsibility to preclude unauthorized access, theft or intentional destruction.
- Monitors the flow of personnel and vehicular traffic entering and exiting the building.
- Audits personnel/visitor security clearances and controls activities to verify personal and organization I.D.
- Maintains and updates visitor logs, commercial deliveries and outside contractors entering and exiting the facility.
- Visually inspects common areas to prevent any hazards, and ensures proper safety procedures are followed.
- Assists in the handling of emergency situations, including employee injuries.
- Prevents unauthorized entry into the Company, and upon detection, isolates, negotiates and escorts individual(s) to a containment area.
- Performs escort duties as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge of all security orders, written and oral, pertaining to assigned duties.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2+ years progressive experience with a law enforcement, public or private sector security organization, highly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of security systems and equipment in a business environment is preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must submit to a Federal Law Enforcement background check and be fingerprinted.
- Must be able to pass all the requirements set forth by the new HRS 463-10.5, titled: Guards; registration, instruction, training, testing and continuing education required; renewal of registration.
- Valid U.S. driver's license.
- Ability to work day and night shifts, weekdays and weekends, and be capable of working extended shifts, if needed.
- Must adhere to Monsanto Security Dress and Grooming Standards.
- Ability to obtain certification in CPR, AED and basic First Aid.
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.