Are you excited about empowering a team of developers to create great web applications with the best tools? Do you want to have a chance to test the limit of your Java skills while identifying and implementing new technologies? Do you want to work for a company who actually appreciates what you do? If so, we want you! So, keep reading!
This position is a senior level direct-hire spot with Aquent's software development group in Boston. You will be part of a dynamic and evolving team working on enterprise intra-, extra-, and inter-net applications in an Agile Development environment.
Our in-house development group builds customized cutting-edge applicant tracking/CRM/back-office software solutions designed to meet Aquent's unique business needs. We do not work on client projects, nor do we sell our software. We work directly with the agents and business leaders of Aquent to design and build technology that differentiates us from our competitors and helps ensure we match the best talent with the most rewarding jobs.
Working as part of a cross-functional team you will:
- Provide technology vision for our team of full stack developers to develop new software and improve existing code
- Actively design and refactor code to improve the usability and flexibility of the code base and enhance developer productivity
- Research and assess new technologies and vendor partnerships
- Lead proof of concept development, and solution design for new functionality
- Craft technology education, mentor and oversee the continued professional growth of a team of 10-12 full stack developers
- Perform high-level code reviews
- Desired Skills: Spring, Angular.js, PostgreSQL, JSON, RESTful APIs, TDD, Ruby, Gulp, Grunt, CSS/LESS/SASS, Selenium, Docker, Google Apps platform, AWS and other cloud services
- Non-Tech Skills : Experience leading a team through the adoption of and training on new technology, experience with 3rd party vendor platform integration, excellent communication, organization and team orientation (a sense of humor wouldn't hurt either)
- Industry Reputation! As a division of Aquent, we're part of the world's largest creative staffing firm and work with some the best agencies and companies in the universe.
- Work/life balance. We say it, we mean it! Seriously, take vacation when you need it, so long as it's cool with your team. We offer unusually generous and flexible vacation benefits. We believe in rewarding hard work as you achieve your goals! Our benefits package ain't so bad, either: medical, vision, and dental, 401(k) with employer match, FSA, tuition reimbursement, and more.
We consistently win top honors in both the Client and Talent categories for Best in Staffing from Inavero for our exceptional customer service.
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
A little about us:
Aquent helps leading companies achieve their goals by connecting them with talented marketing, creative and digital professionals on a contract basis.