At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
This internship will run from May through August 2017.
You'll change the world by...
- Building amazing software in our modern JS stack.
- Writing code for systems that ensure our business runs smoothly.
- Using cutting edge technologies like AWS Lambda, Node.JS, and more.
- Bringing your creativity to help design a services infrastructure that provides stability, efficiency, and flexibility.
- Developing new user-facing features
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Assuring that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end services
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders
You'll do that with your...
- Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Proficient understanding of code versioning using Git
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Motivated to build a reliable and scalable services infrastructure
You'll know you're ready if you...
- Are passionate for coding and solving problems
- Bonus points for being a self-motivated learner
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws