Parallon is seeking a self-motivated individual to work as a Full Time Registrar for Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center.
As a Registrar you will be responsible for (but not limited to):
• Interviewing patients at workstation or bedside to establish patient accounts, verify insurance coverage, obtain pre-certifications and necessary signatures for consents.
• Explaining policies regarding services, charges, insurance billing, and payment of account.
• Calculate and collecting patient co-payments.
• Answering questions of patients and family members; work with physicians, ancillary departments, and business office to provide necessary information and documents.
• Price, key and detail patient charges.
• You must follow Medical Center policies, procedures and Code of Conduct.
• High School Diploma or equivalent is a must.
• Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
• Must have strong customer service/organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
Must have strong customer service/organizational skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
Must have a high school diploma or GED.
Must have at least 1 year of customer service experience.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment typing test.
Previous experience in healthcare or medical office setting preferred.
Parallon = #ParallonBCOM
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom