Function Manager Anderson DC (Job Number: 028246)
Anderson DC - 101 ALLIANCE PKWY
101 ALLIANCE PKWY
Responsible for managing assigned function area, which includes daily productivity/output by monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); staff specific functions within assigned function area based on daily distribution center volume and KPI information. Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of inventory/merchandise movement by monitoring SIMS/AS-400 system applications.Job Responsibilities
- Supervise a group of Team Members in a designated department in the Distribution Center. Monitors team member's productivity and quality.
- Trains team members in their assignments. Facilitates team member professional development by conducting on-the-job training, performance appraisals, and needs assessments. Responsible for recommending and assisting in the development of training curricula.
- Conducts MBWA (Management by Walking Around) to ensure team member safety, address team member concerns, communicate essential information, and to enforce distribution center policy guidelines.
- Builds and cultivates team member morale, motivation, and loyalty by encouraging participation in distribution center activities and special events.
- Develops, reviews and recommends methods of operational improvement within their function area involving equipment, systems, corrections, activities and practices within their area's responsibility.
- Measures performance compliance and requirements and directs appropriate actions by team members and equipment to maintain performance at or above required levels. Maintains appropriate and required records for team members, equipment and KPI's under their responsibility.
- Manages department: budget, hours worked and assignments of work. Daily manages staffing needs for designated department: vacations, monitors turnover and volume.
- Participates in team member concerns: reporting, follow up, investigating or disciplinary process.
- Utilizes and updates system computer applications for proper operation and reports.
- Within the guidelines of authorized Company policies, programs, procedures, budgets, laws, and good business ethics, directs, coordinates, and controls the activities, plans, and programs of the immediate staff, enforces company policies and procedures. Implements Safety Programs.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 2 years of experience in a lead position (in a distribution or production environment) or a High School Diploma/GED and at least 1 year of experience in the Walgreens' DC function Manager in rotation program.
- At least 1 year of experience assisting management with the assignment of work and responsibilities to coworkers, and/or other managerial tasks (e.g. monitoring work, taking attendance, etc.).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Willing to work rotating shifts.
- Experience coaching, mentoring and training others.
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree.
- Experience working with SPC tracking, AS400, Sort View, or ISS.
- At least 2 years of experience in distribution, warehousing, or logistics.
- At least 1 year of experience analyzing operational reports.
- At least 1 year of Lean experience in manufacturing or logistics environment.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.