Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description This position is perfect for an individual with a strong interest in joining a top tier financial services firm who possesses experience working with regulated entities and products and has experience with risk assessment and internal control methodology. The successful candidate must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment, learn superior project management skills, and already possess strong customer service capabilities. KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Leverage Talent - Actively commit to developing yourself and others to drive the competitive advantage achieved through a diverse, engaged and mobile workforce
- Influence & Negotiate Courageously - Inspire and motivate others to drive and sustain State Street's success even in the face of resistance or challenge
- Act Globally - Understand different perspectives and cultures to align management practices to fulfill business strategy
- Problem Solving & Decision Making - Develop solutions and provide counsel to ensure effective decisions are reached by employing timely, rigorous and logical analysis
- Quality & Risk Management - Drive high quality outputs and ensure that organizational risks are managed through embedding effective controls
Principal duties and responsibilities include:
- Under limited supervision, provide support for various elements of the compliance oversight program of a business unit or for a subject matter or functional specialty within the Office of Corporate Compliance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of assigned product/functional area and have a thorough understanding of their area of responsibility as well as a broad understanding of the entire compliance function.
- Independently conduct assigned responsibilities within their section of overall compliance function and are capable of executing/completing a range of complex tasks and analysis. Refer more complex problems to more senior managers for resolution.
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal business partners as well as internal and external advisors
- Participate in committees as requested.
- Complete compliance risk management projects as assigned.
- Provide direction and training to more junior staff.
- Complete assigned periodic training as required by corporate methodology (annually, quarterly, etc)
- Ensure proper delivery of all relevant training to new hires and staff
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS :
The following are required:
- Bachelor's degree
- 8 to 10 years of work experience with internal control methodology, audit and/or testing
- Demonstrated ability to assess internal control design and operating effectiveness
- Strong business writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills; ability to manage ambiguity; ask the right questions to obtain clear answers
- Strong organizational and time/project management skills; ability to manage time in order to meet deliverables
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to exercise professional skepticism
- Customer focused
- Willingness to jump in and work on new projects
The following are strongly preferred:
- Experience in the financial services sector
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.