Functional Product Manager Role and Responsibilities
- Act as the Functional product manager for a particular 'service' or 'function' within the Services engineering 'platform' used to deliver advanced customer and support services to Oracle customers. The services platform consist of the advanced support platform, portal and customer located gateway. A number of cloud support services are delivered using the platform including, but are not limited to, Oracle Solution Support Center, Oracle Advanced Monitoring and Resolution, Oracle Advanced Support Cloud Services, Lifecycle Support Services and Advanced Customer Support for Oracle Platinum Services.
- Gain a deep understanding of the customer and user experience for features developed, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that improve customer experience and meet their current and future requirements.
- Work with stakeholders for a particular service or functional area to gain an understanding of their requirements for particular development releases of the platform.
- Analyze and develop requirements for development. Translate product strategy into detailed requirements. Create a product requirements document or PRD for features to be developed.
- Work with architects and development managers to articulate the stakeholder requirements and support creation of development use cases and user stories.
- Work with stakeholders, architects and development managers to prioritize requirements for development in specific releases, point releases and patches. Scope and prioritize activities based on business, stakeholder and delivery impact.
- Understand in detail the features being developed and develop documentation describing the features and how they should be used. Document the impact to delivery and stakeholders of the developed features. Provide user documentation.
- Run user acceptance testing for the developed features. Work with the users to make sure they are engaged and execute UAT and early access/beta testing of features and platforms.
- For areas the Functional product manager is responsible for, develop a feature/product roadmap for future developments of the particular 'service' or 'function'.
- Drive service and feature launches including working with delivery, marketing communications, executives, and other functional product management team members
- Act as a service/feature evangelist to build awareness and understanding.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.