Job Description: The Functional Safety Compliance Engineer will be responsible for reviewing and translating detailed HW, SW, and external compliance specifications for Automotive and Industrial Safety certification into a functional base compliance path for Real-Time Linux on IA Architecture.
A successful candidate will be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and prone to action. They ask clarifying questions and seek first to understand, but will confidently challenge the status quo. They are passionate about technology, but not philosophically bound to any particular development methodology. They know what they don't know and are eager to learn new things. They are respectful, ethical and communicate clearly and transparently.
Responsibilities will include:
- Becoming a content expert on IEC 61508 and ISO 26262 functional safety specifications.
- Translation of those specifications into a successful, reusable compliance program for Real-Time Linux on IA Architecture, including: tests and test procedures; Hazard and Risk Analysis (HAZOP, HACCP, ALARP, etc.); Failure Analysis (FMECA, FTA, etc.); and compliance package documentation.
- Evangelism of Functional Safety and Safety Culture to internal and external stakeholders.
- MS, or 2-5 years industry experience
- Demonstrated experience building a large-scale HW and SW compliance test infrastructure bound to external industry specifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Linux architecture and open-source development methodologies
- Familiarity with statistical analysis techniques and tools such as R
- Familiarity with Hazard and Risk Analysis (HAZOP, HACCP, ALARP, etc.) and Failure Analysis (FMECA, FTA, etc.) processes
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.