Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
This supervisory position is within the Private Equity and Real Estate Fund Services business unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group.
Fund Administration Managers, officers interact with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously handle multiple assignments. Fund Administration Managers are responsible to direct the day-to-day accounting and administration for several client sponsored investment funds.
- Supervision of all subordinate staff levels including Associate 1, Associate 2 and Senior Associates.
- Manage internal workflow to ensure internal processing and client deadlines are met.
- Manage client expectations with both designated client contacts and fund investors.
- Review quarterly and annual financial work papers including portfolio schedules, accruals and partner capital allocations.
- Review quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes.
- Review and/or prepare capital calls and distributions, including notices and release merged documents.
- Review and/or periodic bank and cash reconciliations.
- Review quarterly management fee calculations.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Review and/or prepare of various client related correspondence.
- Work with investor service team regarding client deliverables such as financial statements, capital calls and distribution notices.
- Coordination of annual audit and tax return preparation with external accounting firms.
- Review and/or preparation of waterfall and capital account allocations.
- Review limited partnership agreements and offering memorandums and ensure compliance with operational and accounting procedures.
- Maintain working relationship with all client contacts, including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers and banking personnel.
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
- Participate in special client or internal projects as required.
- Candidate must have a college degree (business, mathematics, finance or economics preferred, accounting concentration a plus) and at least 8-10 years of accounting experience, including 2 to 3 years of supervisory and financial reporting experience is required.
- Specific experience in the private equity/real estate industry is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive, can-do attitude, meticulous are essential.
- Strong computer skills are required, especially Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel.
Job Opening ID
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.