Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description Job Description
- Responsible for the direction and training of subordinate team leaders and staff. Typically manages a staff of 5 to 20+ employees.
- Allocates and coordinates resources and handles personnel related issues.
- Participates as part of the sales team to bring in new business.
- Develop proposals and discuss potential add-on prices for unique services.
- Reviews a broad array of financial, compliance, and tax matters.
- Assess operational effectiveness and make suggestions to streamline functions.
- Plan and review financial, board, regulatory, and status reporting for accuracy and adherence to SEC and IRS requirements, client agreements and internal policies.
- Manage relationships with client companies, making sure that requests are being met and that clients are satisfied with the level of service.
- Equivalent to a B.S. degree in Accounting, Business, or related field. CPA or MBA is preferred.
- Seven or more years of experience in mutual funds accounting, compliance, auditing or related business activity.
- Strong financial reporting, regulatory compliance and tax skills.
- Ability to develop business relationships, both within and outside of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of SEC, IRS, and general ledger accounting requirements and laws as they apply to investment companies, Trusts, Partnerships and other fund structures services by GISG.
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills.
- Computer proficient.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.