Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
This wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley administers over $240 billion of hedge fund assets. Using the Firm's proprietary, globally accessible technology platform, the business provides a full range of fund administration services, including daily accounting and financial reporting; transfer agency and investor services; middle and back-office support; and integrated portfolio analytics. Morgan Stanley Fund Services is supported by more than 700 professionals based in New York, London, Hong Kong, Dublin, Glasgow, Mumbai, and Bangalore.
The Product Development team within Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) works with the business to establish the overall strategy and priorities for technology products and platforms. Based on the business strategy and overall priorities, the Product Development team creates product plans including high level business requirements, cost analysis, benefits definition and implementation plans aligning with the overall market rollout plan.
The Product Development team is looking for a Senior Associate/Vice President.
The candidate will work closely with the business unit and technology to design, manage and implement enhancements to the portfolio accounting platform. This candidate will be responsible for facilitating and gathering detailed user requirements for the development teams, facilitating design reviews with the business and manage the overall rollout plans including QA, user testing, staff training and final delivery. This role requires detailed knowledge of portfolio accounting as well as the variety of listed and OTC instruments hedge funds invest in. This candidate will coordinate between the business owners and development teams across multiple global locations.
- Detailed knowledge of portfolio accounting
- Efficient project management
- Effective communication including comfort interacting with executive management, business users and development teams in multiple locations
- Experience executing all aspects of the development lifecycle including business analysis, functionality design, testing, and implementation
- Creativity to design complex yet easy to use features
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail orientation
- CPA is desired but not a requirement. However, candidate must have an in depth technical knowledge of hedge fund accounting.
- 7 plus years of experience working for hedge funds, hedge fund technology vendors, hedge fund administrators and/or prime brokers
- Needs to be comfortable with Microsoft office: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, SharePoint, Access
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.