Morgan Stanley Fund Services - Product Development Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
This wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley administers over $230 billion of hedge fund assets. Using the Firm's proprietary, globally accessible technology platform, the business provides a full range of fund administration services, including daily accounting and financial reporting; transfer agency and investor services; middle and back-office support; and integrated portfolio analytics. Morgan Stanley Fund Services is supported by more than 700 professionals based in New York, London, Hong Kong, Dublin, Glasgow and Mumbai.
The Product Development team within Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) works with the business to establish the overall strategy and priorities for the technology products and platforms. Based on the business strategy and overall priorities, the Product Development team creates product plans including high level business requirements, cost analysis, benefits definition and an overall go to market rollout plan.
The Product Development team is looking for a Senior Associate/Vice President.
The candidate will work closely with the business unit to enhance, manage and implement the Over The Counter (OTC) product processing capabilities at Morgan Stanley Fund Services. This candidate will be responsible for facilitating and gathering detailed user requirements for the development teams, facilitating design reviews with the business and manage the overall rollout plans including QA, user testing, staff training and final delivery. This role requires detailed knowledge of OTC product processing including trade capture, capture of trade terms and conditions, accounting, valuation and reconciliations. This candidate will have to coordinate between the business, development teams across multiple global locations.
- Detailed knowledge of OTC products life cycle processes and accounting
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Comfortable interfacing with executive management, business users and development teams in multiple locations
- Experience in managing system roll outs, data conversion and integration
- Should be detailed oriented and must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work and lead as part of a focused globally distributed team
- CPA is desired but not a requirement. However, candidate must have an in depth technical knowledge of securities processing, accounting and valuation, specifically OTC products.
- 7 plus years of experience working for hedge funds, hedge fund technology vendors, hedge fund administrators and/or prime brokers
- Needs to be comfortable with Microsoft office: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Share point, Access
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.