Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) has immediate openings for Furnace Technician to assist in the maintenance process at our plant in Fontana, CA.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 7,900 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career. SUMMARY
The furnace technician will be responsible for performing repairs, preventative maintenance, Temperature Uniformity Surveys (TUS), System Accuracy Tests (SAT) and furnace control instrument calibrations. Troubleshoot and repair furnace instruments and combustion systems to maintain operation of furnaces in a Quality environment in accordance with quality compliance procedures. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
: This is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Provide maintenance and repair services for Hot Work production furnaces and Heat Treat furnaces.
- Sound understanding of combustion theory and application of concepts during furnace troubleshooting and repair to maintain thermal furnace characteristics and operational efficiency.
- Prepare survey racks and stands for the performance of Temperature Uniformity Surveys to include: cutting and welding thermocouple wire to the required length(s) and affixing them to the correct positions on the survey rack / stand(s) in accordance with quality procedures.
- Perform Temperature Uniformity Surveys test using a Portable Survey Datalogger Field Test Instrument mobile computer.
- Upload the Temperature Uniformity Survey results to the network system for proper review and acceptance by the Quality personnel in order to release the furnace back to production following the performance of Temperature Uniformity Survey or System Accuracy Test.
- Calibrate furnace control instruments such as the temperature chart recorders, temperature controllers and the over limit controllers.
- Create the certification of calibration for each instrument and affix calibration sticker that shows calibration date and due date in accordance with quality procedures.
- Work directly with the Quality Department representatives, supervision and management to immediately identify and correct issues affecting the compliant functioning of furnaces.
- Assuring that after the quality personnel reviews and approves the certification of calibration file calibration records with the maintenance planner.
- Validate and confirm sufficient furnace components are on hand for the performance of scheduled TUS, SAT and calibrations.
- Ensure that all the instruments that can not be calibrated in house get calibrated by an outside source, such as Optical pyrometers, potentiometers and gas analyzers.
- Review material certifications to ensure they have been approved for release and use by the Quality Department for thermocouple wire, control thermocouples, potentiometers, optical - pyrometers and Gas analyzers prior to their usage for both Forge and Heat Treat Departments.
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers and electro-mechanical controls a must.
- All these duties are performed in accordance with Spec. AMS2750 Pyrometry latest revision.
- High school diploma
Five to Seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.