Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
State Street's Future Focus Program is a development program with formal classroom and web-based training modules, on-the-job training, coaching provided by a mentor and structured networking opportunities. The goal of the program is to hire and retain the future leaders of State Street Global Services in Sacramento, as well as to prepare new employees for achieving success within the organization.
As a part of Future Focus, you will perform a variety of functions associated with fund accounting and administration. Working with a global financial services leader gives you the opportunity to gain hands-on experience with some of the most sophisticated investment products on the market today. Whether dealing with mutual funds, hedge funds, bank loans, insurance products or corporate defined-benefit plans, the Associate will be primarily responsible for all aspects of day-to-day accounting and financial reporting.
- Calculate and report on Net Asset Values (NAVs) for funds
- Calculate income and expense accrual statements, also known as profit/loss or yield statements
- Prepare item specific accrual statements, such as dividend/interest income worksheets and other schedules
- Monitor and record security transactions including trade, interest payments, maturities, and corporate actions
- Complete variance analyses of stock prices over time
- Enter data related to transactions which need to be recorded, such as cash deposits, interest and dividend payments
- Compile portfolio cost, also known as management-expense ratio
- Reconcile the NAV analysis to the fund's general ledger system
- Prepare and file regulatory filings, financial statements and quarterly/semi-annual/annual reports
- Prepare audit work papers, working with external audit teams as needed
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in a numbers-related field preferred (Spring 2017 graduates only).
- GPA of 3.2 or above preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP and/or IFRS helpful.
- Advanced computer proficiency, including MS Excel preferred.
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.