Note: All candidates will be asked for transcripts. Navy Nuclear candidates will be asked to provide Transcripts and 2 or 3 of the following: occupation/training awards history, DD214 or the fitness and counseling evaluations with personal and medical information blacked out.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Initial License Trainee (ILT) attends initial certification class to obtain their Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) License from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). Upon certification and subsequently passing the NRC license examination, they will be fully licensed to supervise the operations of the nuclear reactor control room as an Operations Shift Supervisor.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES for INITIAL LICENSE TRAINING:
- Candidates attend class with the intent of attaining an SRO License
- complete ILT Fundamentals, Systems and Simulator Phases
- complete Simulator Certification
- acquire SRO status
- attain NRC SRO License
- Study time, field time needed to attain active licensed status
- Project work, outage assignments, or duties as assigned to support the site operations
POSITION SCOPE for INITIAL LICENSE TRAINING:
Through classroom, simulator and on-the-job experiences, develop the required skills and knowledge to qualify as a senior reactor operator license holder.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES for Operations Shift Supervisor once SRO license is obtained:
- Supervise, control, coordinate, and provide training on plant evolutions
- Coordinate and control maintenance and testing activities
- Administer Operations processes (clearance and tagging, caution card, etc)
- Analyze complex plant activities and evolutions to provide proper operations focus and ensure error-free performance with emphasis on human performance practices
- Ensure completion of scheduled activities
- Investigate off-normal system/plant status to correctly diagnose and correct problems
- Supervise and coordinate Main Control Room personnel during planned plant evolutions in accordance with Exelon and site-specific procedures and standards.
- Supervise and coordinate Main Control Room personnel response to unplanned transients in accordance with Exelon and site-specific procedures and standards.
POSITION SCOPE for Operations Shift Supervisor once SRO license is obtained:
The Operations Shift Supervisor acts as a decision-making authority during the shift to provide instructions and guidance to operation personnel to ensure plant operations are conducted in an effective, safe, and consistent manner in accordance with the operating licenses, plant procedures, regulatory requirements, and established standards.
-HS Diploma or equivalent
-Recommended on both POSS and BMST employment tests
-Positive FLS Assessment
1 year Reactor Operator license at a comparable PWR facility or 1.5 years at a BWR facility for PWR
2 years position equivalent to Reactor Operator (or Supervisor) at military reactor (Power Plant Watch Engineer, Engineering Watch Supervisor, Reactor Operator, Engineering Officer of the Watch, Propulsion Plant Watch Supervisor) Must have 24 months qualified and does not count the watch qualification process.
BS or equivalent in engineering, engineering technology or physical sciences, or professional engineer license, and more than 18 months[NKW4] qualified non-licensed operator or a supervisor or manager in work control, operations, engineering, outage management, maintenance, radiation protection, chemistry or training at current or comparable (PWR) facility. Managerial, staff engineer, or supervisor experience at non-comparable plant may be credited on a 1.5:1.0 basis (i.e. over 27 months required for non-comparable facility)
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.