As a member of our buying & merchandising team, you will be responsible for setting the current and future merchandise strategy, determining assortment selection, and creating the pricing & promotional opportunities for our products! Whether it's buying dog toys, cat food, or hamster homes...our merchants help put together the best assortments for our best friends!
Click here to learn more about our merchandising team!
We're always looking for top talent join our team at the following levels:
- Assistant Buyers
- Associate Buyers
- Senior Buyers
Responsibilities of our buyers include:
- Developing and communicating business plans that maximize sales, margin dollars, margin percentage, and profitability based on current business trends to maintain PetSmart's market leadership position.
- Managing product assortment and product specifications in assigned areas in order to identify and address opportunities within the business and the market to maximize sales and margin opportunities.
- Developing and influencing vendor relationships in order to ensure the best prices, products and shipments.
- Collaborating with other merchandising functions to determine product lifecycle, exit strategy and inventory aging standards.
IF THE "UPLOAD RESUME" BUTTON DOES NOT WORK PLEASE USE THE "CUT AND PASTE" METHOD TO SHARE YOUR RESUME. THANK YOU.
- Bachelor's degree in Merchandising management, Economics, Business or related degree from 4 year college or university
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with senior leaders in all functional areas
- Effective communication, analytical, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to foster relationships to create value for internal and external customers
A little about us:
If you're a devoted pet parent or an animal lover, you'll find a company that truly supports its associates and empowers them to succeed. Join us to help create a better world for pets and our pet parents.