GA Tech Food Court Cashier/Food Service Worker FT
The Cashier/Food Service Worker works primarily in the foodservice operation, handling cash and credit transactions from Sodexo customers. In addition, they will assist in setup and serving of food from counters and steamtables. Duties will include cleaning and sanitizing equipment and work stations. As a cashier, they must accurately operate the cash register/POS and complete the transactions. Will also provide support to the retail operation, including setup, maintaining supplies and products, and assisting in cleanup and closedown. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
* Operates a cash register (or equivalent), receives payments of cash, checks and charges from customers or employees for goods or services, making change and issuing receipts or tickets to customers.
* Responsible for accurate ring of proper PLU for sale items and/or accurate barcode scan.
* Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
* Maintains proper security of cash at all times.
* Understands and follows Sodexo cash-handling policies and procedures.
* May assist in locating, reconciling and verifying the accuracy of transactions and operate peripheral equipment that records and supports non-cash transactions.
* May also be required to prepare for service before the meal and clean the dining room after the meal (wiping tables, vacuuming the floor, cleaning chairs, ensuring the acceptable appearance of the dining area).
* May set up and stock the beverage area, grab and go items, service ware and condiments or other assigned areas.
* Sets up stations with entrees, soups, salads, breads, condiments, other food products and utensils.
* Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables (sometimes using a conveyor food belt), and breaks down stations at the end of meal periods.
* Cleans and sanitizes workstations, counters, steam tables and other equipment.
* Brews coffee and tea. May be required to restock other beverage areas.
* Interacts with customers in the serving and dining areas.
* Assists customers with opening containers and cutting food when requested.
* Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
* Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
* Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
* Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
* Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
* Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
* May maintain inventory, stock, and requisitions as well as complete assigned tasks from management every day.
* May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
* Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
* Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
* Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
* Ability to use a computer.
* Ability to provide clear directions and respond to employees.
* Basic food-handling skills
* Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
* Maturity of judgment and behavior.
* Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
* Maintains a positive attitude.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
* Must comply with any dress code requirements.
* Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
* Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
* Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
* Significant walking or other means of mobility.
* Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
* Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
*/Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):/*
* Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
* Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
* Monday & Tuesday*
* December 4th & 5th*
9:00AM - 2:00PM
532 8th Street, Atlanta, GA 30332
Parking is behind West Village in an open lot next to beach volleyball court. Pay with App @ 2/Hr.
Check in on 3rd floor across from Starbucks.
*Dress to Impress: No Jeans, T-Shirts, or Athletic Shoes*
*For Immediate Consideration, Interested Applicants Should Apply and Complete the Assessment Prior to the Job Fair*
*Cooks may be asked to complete a cooking practicum at this time *
*Food Service Worker / Cashier (full-time) Deadline for Consideration: 12/5/2017*
*Unit Specific Requirements*
_X__ Days (Must be available Monday thru Friday)
__X__ Shift: Day Shift _X_ Evening Shift ____ After Midnight Shift ___ Multiple Shifts
____ (Times of availability from: *Monday – Thursday 11:00am – 7:30pm & Friday 11:00am -4:00pm*
____ Weekends Required
* Must be in current position for 6 months
* Must not have any constructive counseling actions issued within the last 90 days
* Must have approval from Current Unit Manager to Post
* New Hires or Off Campus Unit Transfers must have a resume indicating previous demonstrated experience and must complete a Job application.
* All New Hires and external transfers are subject to Background Checks and Drug Screens
Hiring Manager: Matthew Cormier E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews are determined at the Hiring Manager s Discretion.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and principles of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment to the Act. If, due to a disability, you require a reasonable accommodation to navigate this site and/or complete the on-line application process, please contact SodexoFrontlineApplicationSupport.USA@sodexo.com for assistance. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.