Airgas, an Aire Liquide company is Now Hiring Gas Cylinder Operator I (Loader) in Santa Fe Springs, CA
Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you?
Are you intrigued by supporting customers in aerospace, hospitals, labs, universities, manufacturing, etc?
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a Gas Cylinder Operator I (Loader).
Airgas USA, LLC, a Fortune 500, $6B organization is planning for continued growth. As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment! Position Summary:
The Gas Cylinder Operator I will manually and/or with the aid of material handling equipment move industrial gas cylinders to different areas of the plant and loads/unloads cylinders from delivery trucks. Essential Job Functions:
- Must lead within the Airgas culture - putting safety first.
- Safely operate forklift, hand-truck, pallet-jack, chain hoist, etc. to load/unload compressed and liquid industrial gas cylinders to and from delivery trucks to filling and storage areas.
- May load cylinders onto vehicles manually or with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Transfer plant cylinders to different areas within the facility using a forklift.
- Identify and sort cylinders for efficient refilling and handling.
- Notify supervisor if normal truck loading duties cannot be accomplished for any reason.
- Replace pallet straps as necessary.
- Complete load sheets accurately and distribute to drivers at the end of shift.
- Report any equipment or facility defect(s) to supervisor.
- Ensure any accident or injury is promptly reported.
- Perform cylinder cleaning, painting and general maintenance when needed.
Education, Experiences, Certificates/Licenses and/or Registrations:
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be customer service oriented and able to interact with the public in a professional manner.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and be detailed-oriented with good organizational skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, MSDS, and procedure manuals
- Possess basic mathematic and written skills
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required:
- Must have a High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Minimum of one (1) year related experience and/or training preferred
- Forklift certification required
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit for long periods and stand to perform work. The associate is required to reach with hands and arms, smell, talk or hear. The associate must be able to lift, push, pull or move up to thirty (50) pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy and the associate may be exposed to extreme weather. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
- Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
- Fully enclosed shoes or safety shoes must we worn in designated areas.
- Safety glasses must be worn in designated areas.
- Must use other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...
What do our Team Members have to say?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales SpecialistQualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.