Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
About GE Gas Power Systems
GE's Gas Power Systems business is the global industry leader in efficient, reliable, and cost-effective conversion of fuel to power, serving a wide range of applications from small, mobile power to highly efficient, utility scale power plants. With our substantial technology heritage and the largest delivered fleet of gas turbines of any provider in the world, our specialized plant solutions address unique customer challenges, providing increased performance, fuel efficiency, lower emissions and operational flexibility.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Gas Turbine Combustion - Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will design, develop and test World-Class Gas Turbine Engine Combustion Systems that deliver industry leading durability, performance, cost, operability, and customer value in a fast-paced, inspiring global team environment that values collaboration and transparent candid communication.
* Lead the design, development, testing, and analysis of advanced technology gas turbine combustion components and systems considering cost, performance, operability, reliability, and emissions
* Provide experience-based technical guidance, coaching, and oversight to gas-turbine mechanical engineers working on designs for new gas-turbines and improvement to existing gas-turbines
* Innovate to solve mechanical problems that drive best-in-the-world gas-turbine performance while meeting durability and reliability challenges on industrial gas turbine engines for power generation
* Develop solutions using CAD and communication with Product Definition Engineers
* Utilize hand calculations and FEA to optimize designs against acceptance criteria and communicate clearly to design team leaders, effectively documenting and presenting results
* Conduct testing of components and systems to validate the design
* Oversee and review calculations and test results of gas-turbine engineers
* Guide, coach, and support engineers across the globe and with internal / external design and manufacturing teams to meet schedule and delivery targets
* Develop and protect the Intellectual Property rights of GE
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
* Minimum of 7 years of engineering experience with demonstrated product development experience
This role requires use of technical data subject to U.S. Government export restrictions and this posting is only for U.S. Persons (U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents and protected individuals (e.g., certain refugees and asylees)). GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills
* Demonstrated strong mechanical-design fundamentals
* Gas Turbine Component and System Design Experience (Compressor, Combustion, or Turbine)
* High-temperature mechanical design and finite-element analysis experience
* Unigraphics (UG) experience or similar CAD / CAE system
* Experience with GD&T
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.