This function requires strict adherence to safety, regulatory and quality procedures in the filling of high-pressure gas mixtures in addition to pure gas products utilizing gravimetric, pressure/ temperature and dynamic blending equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Ensure cylinder filling records are accurately maintained and that all required procedures are followed complying with local, state and federal regulations.
• Complete necessary production steps in production system.
• Loading and unloading pallets.
• Stocking cylinders using forklift or hand truck.
• Assist with inventory and general housekeeping
• Able to perform nonconforming product problem solving.
• Understand basic compressor operation and maintenance
• Understand basic liquid pump operations
• Ability to troubleshoot and perform basic equipment maintenance
• Operate and safely maintain equipment for pumping or repacking gases into cylinders
• Perform all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections.
• Ensure cylinders are adequately maintained
• Regularly inspect and maintain pumping equipment and associated pressure gauges and monitoring devices.
• Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
• Perform mathematical calculations.
• Perform routine calibration on process analytical equipment.
• Basic knowledge of equipment troubleshooting
• The ability to train new employees in all of the above aspects of the department
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Shift work as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Associates Degree in Science or Chemistry.
• 1 to 5 years industry or related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be compliant with a drug-free workplace.
• Able to effectively communicate in both verbal and written English
• Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
• Must be able to safely operate a forklift.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.