The Gasoline Scheduler is responsible for communicating the gasoline strategy and operating targets to the 24/7 shift to maximize refinery gross margin. The gasoline scheduler plays a key role in developing a robust and optimized operating plan for the next 0-3 months. The gasoline scheduler also adjusts plant operations and production in response to unplanned events.Key accountabilities
- Communicate the operating strategy to the 24/7 shift team via the shift operating guidelines
- Identify opportunities to maximize gross margin from refinery operations
- Develop the optimized 0-3 month gasoline and production schedule
- Optimize gasoline blending to maximize profitability, meet all product specifications, and match product demand
- Identify opportunities to increase refinery profitability and lead efforts to implement these opportunities
- Update operating plans in response to unplanned events
- Schedule deliveries & shipments of gasoline feedstocks & products
- Lead the Gasoline Optimization team to minimize gasoline product quality giveaway
- Must be willing to be on call 24/7.
Required - Bachelors' degree in engineering or other technical areaEssential experience and job requirements
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- Refinery Unit Knowledge
- Refinery Operations
- Refinery Optimization
- Performance Bias
- Taking the Lead
- Wise Decisions
- Abnormal Situation Management
- Problem Solving
- Computer Usage
- Partnering and Team Working
- Understanding the commercial impacts of refinery operations.
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Desired - Bachelors' degree in chemical engineering
- Desired - 4+ years experience as an Process Engineer OR 10+ years refinery operations experience
Yes - Domestic (In country) onlyTravel required
NegotiableIs this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future
The BP Whiting Refinery is located on the south-western shore of Lake Michigan and the Indiana Harbor Ship Canal in the communities of Whiting, East Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. Whiting Refinery is the second largest refinery in the BP refining system, and the 6th largest refinery in the United States. Operations began in 1889, prior to the advent of the automobile.
Today, BP is investing several billion dollars in Northwest Indiana to modernize its Whiting Refinery for the processing of heavier crudes. The modernization is essential to the long-term viability of the refinery, and includes well over a billion dollars in environmental improvements. BP Whiting Refinery employs thousands of full-time employees and contractors. The Whiting Refinery Modernization Project is employing thousands of additional contractors. The modernization project will provide for greater energy security in the Midwest, as conventional supplies of the lighter crudes diminish, and are replaced by heavier crudes.
As we progress with the project, the health, safety and security of our employees, and of those who come into contact with our operations and products, remains our highest priority. Our policy is that no job is worth doing, unless it is done safely, while protecting our shared natural environment.Segment
[ "12-Jan-2018" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.