**Requisition ID:** 27284BR
**Job Title:** Gate Attendant/Scale Operator Hours - 2:00 pm – 10:30 pm
**Division:** 5110: Itasca Landfill
**Location:** 48237: Itasca-2559 Fm 66
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Non-Exempt
A Gate Attendant/Scale Operator is responsible for accurately and efficiently monitoring and recording waste volumes entering the post collection site, as well as collecting appropriate usage fees from customers.
• Determine content of material entering facility to properly bill the customer.
• Accept or reject waste load based on content; suggest alternatives based on special waste, type of waste and/or local market training.
• Receive payment from customers; provide receipt to customers.
• Balance the daily receipts to ensure accurate recordkeeping and appropriate billing; deposit daily receipts into the safe depository.
• Document the waste entering the facility, utilizing truck scales and computer systems; track total amount of waste entering the facility.
• Notify operations of special waste or other incoming special loads; direct or dispatch as necessary; process required paperwork and perform other required duties, as necessary to process special loads.
• Answer the telephone and provide general information to callers.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the work area.
• Perform other job-related duties, as assigned.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Experience in a previous position that required the handling of cash and balancing cash and/or receipts.
• Experience in an environment outside the home with computers and various software programs.
• High School Diploma.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner towards customers and co-workers.
• Ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules that are set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.