This opening is with Arconic Power and Propulsion, a division of Arconic - a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets. For more information on Arconic, visit us online at www.arconic.com
This position will be on an off-shift and will be located in our Plant 3, Whitehall Casting Operation and will perform receiving inspection on new gauges and fixtures for accuracy and repeatability. Correlates gauges and fixtures to customer part designs. Performs periodic inspection of gauges and fixtures used by manufacturing. Analyzes and performs trouble shooting of pneumatic, electronic and mechanical production gauges. Writes tool room work orders for gauge repair. Strong mechanical aptitude a plus in this multi task environment. Works with other layout personnel on cooperative projects. Complies with all EHS rules required for the work environment. Operates computer and software systems for purpose of dimensional gauge inspection. Performs other duties as assigned.Basic Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Two years continuous work experience.
- Successfully meet the standardized TABE testing requirements. If applicant possesses a minimum of an associate degree, testing is not required.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 3+ years experience working in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Effective math skills.
- Effective communication skills and be able to learn and understand complex blueprints and gauges.
- Computer literacy with emphasis on AutoCAD or similar software a plus.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.