IBM is now hiring Entry-level Analytics & Technology Consultants.
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology in the areas of cloud, cognitive, digital, social and mobile is transforming industries, societies and professions. IBM Global Business Services is part of this transformation and just the place to define your career within business consulting. Join us as we make the most of these exciting times and discover what you can make of this moment. Work @ IBM where: Your ideas are brought to life, Your ideas can help change the world, Your thoughts become things
, You are helping to revolutionize computing
At IBM Global Business Services - Public Service Sector we partner with Fortune 1000 clients to deliver real business value by...
- Bringing together the world's largest consulting practice with industry-leading research capability.
- Enriching business consulting with advanced research, analytics and technology.
- Teaming on all phases of engagement to plan, build, and implement advanced business solutions.
- Establishing new, flexible and iterative approaches that only IBM can offer through our unique combination of skills, experience and capabilities.
- Leveraging the proven roadmaps and frameworks we have developed across our 18 industries.
- Applying IBM's global expertise and local capabilities through our unique global delivery network combined with our teams in over 170 countries.
- Providing our clients with an integrated approach to business design and execution, turning strategies into actions.
These strengths applied to business issues and opportunities give our clients not only the ability to anticipate change, but also take advantage of new possibilities. What will you do as an IBM GBS Entry-level Analytics & Technology Consultant?
As an Entry-level Analytics and Technology Consultant you will have the opportunity to join Consulting by Degrees -
our world-class leadership and development program designed to groom top talent entry-level consultants into tomorrow's leaders. Analytics and Technology consultants have the opportunity to immerse themselves in technical, analytical and Watson solutions and services by infusing all things cognitive into all things digital and mobile, working with teams to help leading organizations solve business problems by gathering, understanding, preparing, and analyzing data to support efficient operations, strategic planning, and data-driven decision making. The IBM Consulting by Degrees
program was developed to help you experience, grow and transform your consulting career with breadth and depth to remain agile in an ever-changing technological world. By providing you with a variety of project and role experiences and focused skills development opportunities, our consultants are prepared to successfully launch and accelerate their careers.
New digital technologies along with cloud, mobile, analytics and cognitive computing are changing how we engage and work with one another. The Consulting by Degrees program targets high performers and provides focused training, one-on-one mentoring, and career guidance to help you gain the expertise and know-how that you need to become future partners and executives.
Join Consulting by Degrees
and become part of something special:
What do we look for in a successful IBM GBS Entry-level Analytics & Technology Consultant?
- An elite leadership development program; unmatched in the marketplace
- Be part of a unique and specialized community connected locally with your peers and managers
- Foster your collaboration and teaming skills with globally accessible teams
- Develop a specialized skillset through experiential learning and a tailored education path
- Experience a variety of role(s) and projects, as well as peer-led initiatives
- Benefit from customized career planning and mentoring
- A minimum GPA of 3.2 is a preferred qualification of this position
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology based consulting environment
- Interest in working within public sector (i.e., Federal Government, State & Local Government, Defense, Healthcare, Education).
- Ability to translate technical requirements into business solutions
- Exposure to and/or understanding of Bluemix, Watson APIs, ILOG, CPLEX, SPSS, SAS, R, Hadoop, Spark, TensorFlow, Watson Analytics, Tableau, and/or D3 Data Driven Documents highly desired
- Experience with class projects implementing Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning solutions preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to adapt, with willingness to readily take ownership of tasks and problems, which often extend beyond initial scope of responsibility
- Thorough and analytical, with capability to apply logic to solve problems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus in an environment with conflicting demands
- Drive to overcome the most challenging or difficult obstacles and look for ways to improve results
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying
- difficult messages in a positive manner
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited 4-year institution coupled with internship/work and/or project experience which will provide the analytical and technical acumen that translates to an entry level consulting role.
- Preference for Artificial Intelligence, Business Intelligence, Cognitive and/or Decision Science, Computer Engineering, Computer or Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Visioning,
Data Analysis, Data Management & Analytics, Data Modeling, Data Science, Data Visualization,
Image Processing, Informatics, Machine Learning, Machine Learning/Natural Language Processing,
Mathematics, Operations Research & Analytics, Quantitative Science & Analysis, Sciences & Technology, Simulation Modeling, Statistics, and Text Mining majors.
- Willingness and ability to travel 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements) but up to 100% travel if business and client needs require
- Relocation to the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a security clearance, if needed
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.