IBM is now hiring Entry-level Cognitive Consultants.
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology in the areas of cloud, cognitive, digital, social and mobile is transforming industries, societies and professions. IBM Global Business Services is part of this transformation and just the place to define your career within business consulting. Join us as we make the most of these exciting times and discover what you can make of this moment.
Work @ IBM where: Your ideas are brought to life, Your ideas can help change the world, Your thoughts become things, You are helping to revolutionize computing.
At IBM Global Business Services - Commercial Sector we partner with Fortune 1000 clients to deliver real business value by:
These strengths applied to business issues and opportunities give our clients not only the ability to anticipate change, but also take advantage of new possibilities.
- Bringing together the world's largest consulting practice with industry-leading research capability.
- Enriching business consulting with advanced research, analytics and technology.
- Teaming on all phases of engagement to plan, build, and implement advanced business solutions.
- Establishing new, flexible and iterative approaches that only IBM can offer through our unique combination of skills, experience and capabilities.
- Leveraging the proven roadmaps and frameworks we have developed across our 18 industries.
- Applying IBM's global expertise and local capabilities through our unique global delivery network combined with our teams in over 170 countries.
- Providing our clients with an integrated approach to business design and execution, turning strategies into actions.
What will you do as an IBM GBS Entry-level Cognitive Consultant?
As an Entry-level Cognitive Consultant, you will have the opportunity to join Consulting by Degrees - our world-class apprenticeship program designed to groom top talent entry-level consultants into tomorrow's leaders. Analytics and Cognitive consultants have the opportunity to immerse themselves in analytics and Watson solutions and services by infusing all things cognitive into all things digital and mobile, working with teams to help leading organizations solve business problems by gathering, understanding, preparing, and analyzing data to support efficient operations, strategic planning, and data-driven decision making.In the Consulting by Degrees (CbD) Program, you join a cohort of talented and committed colleagues on a two-year journey designed to develop you into a top consultant at IBM. IBM is transforming, and CbDers play a critical role in that journey. With over 1,000 CbDers on hundreds of different client projects, the CbD Program is an opportunity to experience a variety of roles, grow as a consultant, and transform into an IBM leader. CbDers are supported by program managers, peer buddies, project managers, and extensive in-person training. Each CbDer is aligned to a practice where they develop subject matter expertise in one or more industries as they work on multiple projects during the two-year program. CbDers receive a collaborative, challenging, and transformative experience. What do we look for in a successful IBM GBS Entry-level Cognitive Consultant?
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology based consulting environment
- Ability to translate technical requirements into business solutions
- Has taken an introductory course in Natural Language Processing (NLP) or NLP libraries and toolkits such as scikit-learn, numpy, scipy, R, Weka, NLTK, Stanford CoreNLP, OpenNLP or can demonstrate an equivalent project experience.
- Can demonstrate experience from coursework or projects using scripting languages such as Python
- Exposure to and/or understanding of Bluemix, Watson APIs, ILOG, CPLEX, SPSS, SAS, R, Hadoop, Spark, TensorFlow, Watson Analytics, Tableau, an/or D3 Data Driven Documents
- Experience with large school projects implementing Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning solutions
- Experience with APIs and Web Services
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to adapt, with willingness to readily take ownership of tasks and problems, which often extend beyond initial scope of responsibility
- Thorough and analytical, with capability to apply logic to solve problems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus in an environment with conflicting demands
- Drive to overcome the most challenging or difficult obstacles and look for ways to improve results
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying
- Deliver difficult messages in a positive manner
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited 4-year institution coupled with internship/work and/or project experience which will provide the analytical and technical acumen that translates to an entry level consulting role.
- Required Degree/Majors: Computer Science, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, Artificial Intelligence
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Willingness and ability to travel 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements) but up to 100% travel if business and client needs require
- Willingness to live/commute or relocate within a reasonable commuting distance (generally 20 miles or less) of one of the following cities: Atlanta (GA), Boston (MA), Chicago (IL), Dallas (TX), Jersey City (NJ), New York City (NY), San Francisco (CA). Limited opportunities are available in the following geographies: Columbus (OH), Detroit (MI), Houston (TX), Philadelphia (PA)
- IBM GBS will not provide work authorization visa sponsorship for this role.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.