IBM is now hiring Entry-level Technical Consultants.
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology in the areas of cloud, cognitive, digital, social and mobile is transforming industries, societies and professions. IBM Global Business Services is part of this transformation and just the place to define your career within business consulting. Join us as we make the most of these exciting times and discover what you can make of this moment. Work @ IBM where: Your ideas are brought to life; Your ideas can help change the world; Your thoughts become things; You are helping to revolutionize computing.
At IBM Global Business Services - Public Service Sector we partner with Fortune 1000 clients to deliver real business value by...
- Bringing together the world's largest consulting practice with industry-leading research capability.
- Enriching business consulting with advanced research, analytics and technology.
- Teaming on all phases of an engagement to plan, build, and implement advanced business solutions.
- Establishing new, flexible and iterative approaches that only IBM can offer through our unique combination of skills, experience and capabilities.
- Leveraging the proven roadmaps and frameworks we have developed across our 18 industries.
- Applying IBM's global expertise and local capabilities through our unique global delivery network combined with our teams in over 170 countries.
- Providing our clients with an integrated approach to business design and execution, turning strategies into actions.
These strengths applied to business issues and opportunities give our clients not only the ability to anticipate change, but also take advantage of new possibilities. What will you do as an IBM GBS Entry-level Technical Consultant?
As an Entry-level Technical Consultant, you will have the opportunity to join Consulting by Degrees
- our world-class leadership development program designed to groom top talent entry-level consultants into tomorrow's leaders. You will use your programming, application development, and/or project management skills to help design, develop, integrate and deliver solutions using cutting edge technologies, Agile methodology, tools, techniques, and products our clients demand today. The IBM Consulting by Degrees
program was developed to help you experience, grow and transform your consulting career with breadth and depth to remain agile in an ever-changing technological world. By providing you with a variety of project and role experiences and focused skills development opportunities, our consultants are prepared to successfully launch and accelerate their careers.
New digital technologies along with cloud, mobile, analytics and cognitive computing are changing how we engage and work with one another. Leading the way into the Cognitive era, IBM Watson continues to make ground breaking advances each day. IBM MobileFirst has excited many IBMers performing Mobile App Development. You will be working on technologies related to Continuous Integration, Development Operations, and Security Operations. You will not only be working on IBM PaaS Bluemix, but will also be exposed to open source technologies - after all, IBM is a leader in contributing to Open Source.
The Consulting by Degrees program targets high performers and provides focused training, one-on-one mentoring, and career guidance to help you gain the expertise and know-how that you need to become future leaders.
Join Consulting by Degrees
and become part of something special:
What do we look for in a successful IBM GBS Entry-level Technical Consultant?
- An elite leadership development program; unmatched in the marketplace
- Be part of a unique and specialized community connected locally with your peers and managers
- Foster your collaboration and teaming skills with globally accessible teams
- Develop a specialized skillset through experiential learning and a tailored education path
- Experience a variety of role(s) and projects, as well as peer-led initiatives
- Benefit from customized career planning and mentoring
- A minimum GPA of 3.2 is a preferred qualification of this position.
- Demonstrated programming skills and experience with technologies such as Java, C++, Python, Scala, R, .NET, SAS, SQL, Hadoop, HTML, SPSS, VBA, Tableau, and Spark.
- Application Design/Development, and Information Technology course work.
- Exposure to web services and multiple Java application frameworks highly desired.
- Experience and/or course work in front-end web development and mobile technologies highly desired.
- Ability to translate technical requirements into business solutions
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing, technology-based consulting environment
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to adapt, with willingness to readily take ownership of tasks and problems, which often extend beyond initial scope of responsibility
- Thorough and analytical, with capability to apply logic to solve problems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus in an environment with conflicting demands
- Drive to overcome the most challenging or difficult obstacles and look for ways to improve results
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying
- difficult messages in a positive manner
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree from an accredited 4-year institution coupled with internship/work and/or project experience which will provide the analytical and technical acumen that translates to an entry level consulting role. Preferred majors include Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or Computer Information Systems. Preferred skill set includes knowledge in Web Application Development, Custom Application Development, Software Engineering skills. Exposure to Java, C#, .NET, and C++; Sharepoint; Software Testing and Test Automation is helpful.
- Willingness and ability to travel 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements) but up to 100% travel if business and client needs require
- Relocation to the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a security clearance, if needed
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.