GBS Customer Program Manager -Consultant, Project/Program Management
Location: Franklin, Massachusetts
Posted: November 14, 2017
Reference ID: R17982
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
WHAT THIS OPPORTUNITY OFFERS:
Nearly 4,000 GBS team members in 75+ locations around the world serve Dell's internal and external customers. Life in GBS means partnering with all major functions across Dell and collaborating with dedicated professionals, who keep our customers at the forefront of everything we do. We create and execute transformational strategy. We provide insights and intelligence that drive business growth. We implement programs and projects that enable sales productivity. We ensure an outstanding experience for our customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this role, you will lead process design creation and improvement that spans the full customer journey from order placement, order status/tracking, custom processes, all the way through to logistics/delivery. You will need excellent leadership, communication and networking skills to interact at all organizational levels. This role includes face-to-face interactions with the customers to resolve and enhance operations related to unique situations of the various global customers.
To be successful in this role, you will need to manage stakeholders, communicate project status/milestones, and solve unexpected difficulties or roadblocks for your projects. You will need to address and coordinate specific program requirements by leveraging a network of Dell sales and operations experts from around the globe as you identify systematic issues and implementing corrective actions that will benefit entire organization.
Examples of the programs, projects and activities the GBS Customer Program Manager could be responsible for include:
• Automate the creation & distribution of customer-specific reports
• Integrate processes across legacy EMC and legacy Dell product portfolio to provide seamless customer experience
• Proactively engage with the customer to efficiently respond to customer concerns and deliver closed loop corrective action
• Assess competitive best practices to drive differentiated support and the highest customer experience in sales operations
• Improve the overall Dell acquisition account onboarding experience for our customers by accurately & clearly setting expectations through the proposals through definition and execution processes
• Improve delivery to service level agreements globally
Key requirements for this role include:
• Strong global project management and operational skills with 5+ years prior work experience in high-tech, consulting, sales or service-oriented businesses
• Demonstrated ability to lead and influence a cross-functional project team
• Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
• Ability to summarize and present information in a concise and clear manner for executive review and approval
• Advanced organizing, analytical, problem solving, negotiation and planning skills
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive for results
• Ability to communicate clearly, in both written and verbal forms
• Experience with Excel, Project and PowerPoint, and presentation skills
Job Family: Business Support
Job ID: R17982