GCS Account Management Intern (Paid)
Company: Panasonic Avionics Corporation
Location: Lake Forest, California
Posted: March 22, 2017
Reference ID: 254730650
We are seeking an intern in the Global Communications Services Account Management department to support all functions related to customer success, account management support, and data analysis. This position will serve as a member of the GCS Account Management team. This individual will have many roles and responsibilities within the team and will be assigned to multiple projects, impacting multiple development projects at any given time. GCS is Panasonic's Satellite service that offers Internet, phone, and TV services for passengers on international flights. Panasonic currently has about 900 aircraft equipped and flying with major international airlines.
• Communicate with internal teams in Engineering, Operations, Support, and other departments regarding products in the GCS portfolio • Develop and maintain an intranet site focused on maintaining internal stakeholder alignment and team artifacts • Communicate with Account Managers regarding their individual airline customers and account development activities
Organization and Scheduling Skills
• Ensure documents and information are maintained in common locations • Maintain status tracking reports for action items in various forums • Maintain departmental entries into enterprise product tracking tools
• Maintain a high-level working knowledge of the GCS system • Work with large Excel spreadsheets and other databases to determine planning information • Provide summarization of datasets, applying system knowledge to turn raw data into usable information
Customer Presentations and Support:
• Support onsite customer meetings as required by the account management team and marketing to include generating support materials, presentations and other deliverables as needed.
• Facilitate the generation of reports for account managers located regionally as needed to assist
• Effectively develop strategy, timeline and tactics for all projects as assigned.
• Manage day to day project execution including meetings, communications, approvals, and metrics.
•This position will support requests from multiple focals and deadlines, so time management is essential.
•The ability to multi-task, exceptional attention to detail and deadlines and solid interpersonal skills are required to be successful in this role.
•Ability to collect, analyze, and report data for various customer behavior analysis.
• This position requires planning, project management skills and the ability to methodically produce deliverables that meet corporate objectives. This position will support requests from multiple focals and deadlines, so time management is essential.
• Ability to manage all projects within scheduled deadlines.
• Effectively communicate with associates at all levels of the organization and work with cross-functional groups within the company and with vendors, partners and customers in a multi-cultural environment.
• Successfully collaborate and interact with fellow employees.
• Flexible and able to adjust to changes or new assignments.
• Ability to effectively identify creative solutions to meet project objectives.
• Out-of-the-box thinker with the ability to present innovative strategic and tactical resolutions.
• Positive attitude, a very high level of self-motivation, and the willingness to be hands-on.
• Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple deliverables within assigned deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication skills. Secondary language skills in Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, or French are a plus, but not required.
• Strong MSOffice and computer skills (ability to create macro tools is a significant plus).
•Must be able to create reports in Excel and PowerPoint that are used for decision making.
• Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
• Must have or be in the process of obtaining a bachelor's degree.
• Must be available 25 hours a week during core business hours (9:00-3:00) and have moderate flexibility.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is the world's leading supplier of in-flight entertainment and communication systems. Headquartered in Lake Forest, California, Panasonic Avionics Corporation maintains corporate and engineering offices in Bothell, Washington; regional centers in Dallas, Singapore, London, Tokyo and Dubai; and field service, maintenance and sales facilities throughout the world. System production facilities are in Osaka, Japan.
Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: 1700555