The Client Program Manager (AVP) in Global Fund Services works independently and as part of a project team to provide due diligence analysis for new IMS deals and internal/external operational consulting services. For new deal due diligence projects the AVP will work with the VP lead to analyze the client's current state environment develop a future state operating model and facilitate the negotiations through contract signing. For consulting projects the AVP will work with the client stakeholders and project team to identify best practices create customized solutions and at times implement approved solutions which yield operational efficiencies add revenue and mitigate risk.
- \t\tDevelops and maintains an understanding of State Street's products and integrates that knowledge into client solutions new business proposals and RFPs\t
- \t\tServes as project manager or project lead on small to medium-size projects which require the development organization and control of project activities\t
- \t\tDevelops presentations to existing and potential new clients as well as sales support\t
- \t\tDelivers presentations to client and/or STT senior management\t
- \t\tResearches facets of the client's operation and develops and documents an understanding of the client's current operating environment business challenges/requirements and develops solutions to improve or win new business\t
- \t\tDevelops plans and manages the execution of the on-site data gathering and analysis phase of the project\t
- \t\tLeads a team to conduct research analyze synthesize and prioritize data and develop recommendations which lead the client to a comprehensive solution that addresses the client's unique situation\t
- \t\tIdentifies and consults with cross-functional teams to resolve diverse and complex problems and designs solutions for new business across departments and implement effective solutions\t
- \t\tManages team activities manages deadlines establishes and implements progress tracking and reporting tools\t
- \t\tConducts research on industry practices and other benchmarking data\t
- \t\tMay participate in the performance management coaching and training process of less experienced associates\t
- \t\tReacts to internal and/or external crisis situations assisting where needed\t
- \t\tDevelops and ensures the quality of project lifecycle deliverables
The main focus of the Consultant II job is on planning and managing activities providing subject matter expertise and building relationships with peers at the prospect organization. Scope of responsibility depends on the size/complexity of the deal. This position involves extensive contact with Management and Senior Executives of State Street and its existing and potential new clients.
- \t\tEquivalent to a B.S. degree in Finance Business or related field. Advanced degree is preferred\t
- \t\t2-3 years as consultant or 5-7 years related experience within the middle or back office of an investment services firm or 5+ years Management Consulting experience in the Financial Services/Asset Management sector. In depth knowledge in at least one of the following: trade operations/global custody fund accounting fund administration/financial reporting investment management operations\t
- \t\troven project management experience and supervision of teams in process analysis and process design\t
- \t\tAbility to travel up to 50% (may be up to 3 weeks at one time) including occasional international travel\t
- \t\tCompetencies required: analytical/problem solving skills business/industry knowledge communication versatility information technology acumen project management skills multi-tasking time management teamwork strong attention to detail public speaking savvy and leadership\t
- \t\tStrong knowledge of "off the shelf" (PowerPoint Visio Excel Word ) and custom office software applications. Working knowledge of MS Project
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.