GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Information Technology
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is one of the world's leading suppliers of power generation and energy delivery technologies, with 2015 revenue of more than $10 billion. Based in Schenectady, NY, GE works in all areas of the Renewables Energy industry including hydro, wind and solar. With wind turbine design, manufacturing and assembly facilities in Germany, Spain, China, Canada and the United States, GE Renewables Energy is among the leading providers of clean energy.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
GE Renewable Energy - Principal Cloud Architect
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
New Orleans, Van Buren Township, Atlanta, Schenectady
The Principal Cloud Architect will be a leader on the CTO staff and responsible for the overall Architecture, Digital Solutions Standards, and Governance of the Renewable Energy Enterprise Cloud. This technologist will partner closely with GE Digital and our external cloud service providers to ensure the Renewable Energy Enterprise Cloud environment is robust, technologically fresh, and easily consumable by our business application teams.
As the Principal Cloud Architect, you will:
* Serve as a senior member of the CTO leadership team, with technical oversight for our IT digital solutions architecture, and the teams supporting it
* Ensure the integrity and uniformity of the overall Enterprise Cloud ecosystem, working with the rest of the Renewable Energy Cloud Team, the Business P&Ls, the Corporate Cloud Team, and the Cloud providers
* Define and govern the Enterprise Cloud "Rules of the Road" for the Renewable Energy environment, which will ensure the integrity and uniformity described above
* Create documentation that includes standard operating procedures, qualification documents and self-help
* Serve as the primary technical liaison between the Renewable Energy Cloud Team and the Corporate Cloud Team, and act as the primary escalation point for the same
* Identify current Cloud service gaps, define CTQs for those gaps, partner with and drive Corporate to evolve and deliver solutions to those gaps that can be adopted by Renewable Energy
* Serve as the primary liaison between the the RE CTO Team and Amazon, Verizon, and other Cloud providers, and act as the primary escalation point for the same.
* Evaluate new service offerings from the Cloud providers, determine their fit and appropriateness for Renewable Energy IT, and enable and drive adoption correspondingly
* Execute on proofs of concept and exploratory projects to identify, evaluate and eventually adopt the most suitable Cloud Computing (Public & Private Clouds, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS) model for the customer with respect to the customer's business context
* Lead and oversee the career growth of the CTO Digital Solutions team as a whole, and individually. Build a pipeline of talent in this space.
* Collaborate with cloud computing colleagues inside and outside of GE to define Cloud Computing adoption models, best practices, use cases, guidance documents etc.
* Serve as a general "Cloud technologist", providing education and evangelism to the REIT community and GE at large
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum 5 years of experience in an IS project management and program planning role
* Minimum of 5 years of hands-on IT experience in database, web technologies, networking, or a combination thereof in a large Enterprise setting
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in an architecture (enterprise, solutions, or systems) role spanning the entire technology stack
* Minimum of 3 years of leading teams of both employees and contractors, including senior technologists
* Minimum of 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) in an Enterprise setting
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong technical background, demonstrated appetite for new technology, willingness to be very hands-on in a deeply technical and fast-evolving technology area
* Proven ability to influence at all levels and within all functions of the business, including the executive level
* Proven leadership skills in both business planning and information technology in a matrixed environment
* Ability to drive change in a challenging environment in an inclusive manner
* Demonstrated problem solving and logical thinking skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Established project management and organizational abilities
* GE Information Technology Leadership Program (ITLP) Graduate (GE employees only)
* Knowledge of ITIL ( Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
* Six Sigma Green Belt Certification or equivalent quality certification
PLEASE NOTE: Schenectady NY, Atlanta GA, Van Buren Township MI, or New Orleans LA are the preferred locations, however other U.S.locations may be considered.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.