Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Manage a team engaged in collecting, recording, analyzing, and reporting accounting transactions. May manage operations related to general accounting or other specialty areas. Hire, manage, train, develop, and evaluate staff. Develop, implement, document, and ensure adherence to practices and procedures. Participate in or lead special projects. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage daily team activities related to booking accounting transactions, preparing and validating account reconciliations, and resolving issues and exceptions on a timely basis.
- Plan, review, and/or prepare internal and external reports, schedules, and statements.
- Review, establish, and monitor financial controls. Identify opportunities to streamline and automate. Improve efficiencies to reduce costs.
- Respond to Audit, consultant, and other stakeholder inquiries and requests.
- Identify and facilitate technology changes to support business needs.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team through operational and technology changes.
- Experience with cost accounting, project accounting and related systems, Procurement, and Accounts Payable.
- Experience querying, analyzing, summarizing and reporting on large complex data sets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- CPA is a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.