This mid-level engineer role will focus on providing engineering and technical direction in the implementation of routine projects, studies, plans and engineering activities requiring initiative and sound engineering judgment for the ACE/DPL Transmission Planning Team.
Develops studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and maintenance of Exelon's electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems. Provides consultation and recommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or facilities. Reviews financial data from budget and actual costs of projects. Operates independently and seeks guidance when appropriate.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1 Performs engineering tasks associated with critical engineering projects or a number of small projects with many complex features.
2 Performs assignments in areas where engineering precedents are incomplete, lacking or require broad experience.
3 Evaluates, develops and implements projects that have moderate financial and operational impact.
4 May serve as an expert for organization in a specific area or responsibility.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer
• Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
• Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
• Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
2. Five or more years of professional engineering experience.
3. Broad knowledge and experience with regulations, guides, standards, codes methods, practices, and advanced engineering principles necessary to perform very complex or unique assignments for a specific discipline, various installations or services.
4. Minimum of two related career experiences (i.e., changes in technical job responsibilities, which may or may not include a change in department) OR
5. Engineer in Training OR 50% complete (by hours) with advanced technical degree, M.B.A. or Project Management Certification
1. Graduate degree or Graduate level work in Engineering, Business Administration or Project Management Certification
2. Licensed Professional Engineer
3. Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
4. Strong written and oral communication skills.
5. Experience demonstrating skill using PC-based analytical software (for example PSS/E).
6. Thorough knowledge and experience in Transmission Planning engineering expertise.
Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Never Miss an Update - Follow us on Twitter @PHICareers