Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings has an opening for a General Forge Helper for our Grinding Department, to utilize power tools, air arching equipment and billet grinders to smooth and deburr parts, and select speeds, feeds, and wheels to maintain finishes. This position is based in our Rochester, NY facility; and candidates should be shift flexible, able to work upto 12 hr shifts on days or nights.
Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs over 7,600 people in 11 countries at 37 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic.Basic Qualifications
- Arconic EHS and OSHA certified to operate a forklift, with basic forklift operation experience.
- Work as a Grinder in the Grinding area, and use either a hand grinder or swing grinder to grind the edges or surfaces of either billets of cut metal or blank rings to specifications outlined by Management.
- Act as a replacement for key personnel that are absent for the day on the shift (specific use to be determined by supervisor).
- Assist on setups where additional departmental manpower will aid production
- Move parts within WIP to their next scheduled department
- Assist with the management of Scrap throughout the facility
- Will be required to wear a respirator
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.