Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) has an opportunity for a General Forge Helper to utilize power tools, air arching equipment and billet grinders to smooth and debur parts, and select speeds, feeds, and wheels to maintain finishes. This position is located in our Rochester, NY aerospace manufacturing facility; and candidates should be willing and able to be shift flexible for working 8-12 hour shifts.
Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR division employs over 7,600 people in 11 countries at 37 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE: ARNC).
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be required and assigned at any time.
- Conduct daily inspections of cell related equipment (forklifts, etc.) verify inspections are properly performed and documented.
- Communicate with the Maintenance Department, Operations Lead, and Supervisors or Managers for any situations that arise.
- 5S standards for the cell must be maintained.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret, in English, process sheets, shop orders and instructions.
- Ability to be certified by Arconic EHS and OSHA standards to operate a forklift
- Will be required to wear a respirator
- One year of experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.