The General Labor position is responsible for safely performing daily job functions as well as understanding and following all safety, attendance, and Rules of Conduct guidelines. The General Labor position must perform cleaning and sanitation requirements to meet Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards. Work is performed in all areas of a multi-level production facility and includes exposure to temperature extremes for extended time periods. Work may include contact with high noise levels, moving machinery, heights, liquids, fumes, confined spaces, vibrations, dust, and include repetitive bending and lifting, etc. Proposed Work Schedule: Second or Third shift
Assigned shift based on work week schedules to include 8, 10, 12 or a combination of different hours based on business needs. Shift Flexibility and potential weekend shifts required. Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Cleaning, sanitation, painting and small repairs.
- Identify, report, and problem solve issues.
- Learn other jobs throughout the facility and train new/other employees.
Technical Skills/ Business Etiquette
- Mobility to all areas of a multi-level production facility.
- Forklift Certification
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced work environment.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Basic Math Skills (+, - , x, ÷).
- Read, write, and ability to understand instructions.
- Demonstrates good attendance record.
- Ability to move materials weighing 50 pounds for distances of ten feet or more.
- Ability to communicate with others, via telephone or in person, in a professional and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
- This includes the ability to understand, be diplomatic and tactful, demonstrate appropriate behavior in social situations and maintain composure in negative circumstances in order to achieve results.
JOB LOCATION AND WORK CONDITIONS
- Knowledge of and ability to proactively recognize and report safety issues or incidences and maintain a clean, safe work environment (e.g., customer safety, keeping work aisles clear, sanitary health practices, proper placement of tools and machinery, etc.)
EQUIPMENT OPERATED AND TOOLS USED:
- Coca- Cola North America, Syrup branch.
- Work is performed mostly on production floor.
- Work is of non-repetitive nature and requires exposure to moderate noise levels, working around moving equipment, wetness, and hazardous chemicals.
- Work is performed on fixed shifts.
- Manufacturing facility subject to extreme heat and cold.
- Multi-shift operation. Overtime might be required.
REQUIRED SAFETY EQUIPMENT:
- Forklift, shrink wrapper, dock doors, freight elevators, battery hoist and chargers, two way radios, fax machines, computer, printers and telephone.
- Safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, ear protection, hairnets, beard nets, protective aprons & face shields where applicable.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.