The General Labor position is responsible for safely operating equipment and machinery.
The General Labor position is also responsible for understanding and following all safety, attendance, and Rules of Conduct guidelines.
The General Labor position must perform cleaning and sanitation requirements to meet Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards.
Work is performed in all areas of a multi-level production facility and includes exposure to temperature extremes for extended time periods. Work may include contact with high noise levels, moving machinery, heights, liquids, fumes, confined spaces, vibrations, dust, and include repetitive bending and lifting, etc....
Proposed Work Schedule: Work assigned shift based on work week schedules to include 8, 10, 12 or a combination of different hours based on business needs. Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Complete accurate documentation of all activities during shift
- Quality Checks
- Perform regular equipment/machine upkeep
- Identify, report, and problem solve issues
- Rotation between qualified jobs
- Operate a gas or electric forklift
- All other duties as assigned
Non-Function Specific Activities:
- Learn other jobs throughout the facility
- Train new/other employees
- Participate in CCR supported programs such as Work Design, Cultural Advisory Committee, Decorating Committee, Recycling Committee, Continuous Improvement, Safety Program, etc...
- Business Etiquette: Ability to communicate with others, via telephone or in person, in a professional and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport. This includes the ability to understand, be diplomatic and tactful, demonstrate appropriate behavior in social situations and maintain composure in negative circumstances in order to achieve results.
- Database and System Knowledge: The knowledge and skills required to access and collect data via Company-approved databases or the Internet. This includes the ability to complete electronic forms, produce accurate reports, conduct investigative research, explain data and communicate results. This includes maintaining current knowledge and keeping up with new releases.
- Safety Procedures: Knowledge of and ability to proactively recognize and report safety issues or incidences and maintain a clean, safe work environment (e.g., customer safety, keeping work aisles clear, sanitary health practices, proper placement of tools and machinery, etc)
- Position Requirements:
Mobility to all areas of a multi-level production facility
Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced work environment
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Basic Math Skills (+, - , x, ÷)
Read, write, and speak English
Demonstrates good attendance record
Ability to move materials weighing 50 pounds for distances of ten feet or more
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.