General Ledger Accountant
The General Ledger Accountant is responsible for applying the accounting principles and procedures in analyzing financial information and preparing accurate and timely financial reports.
• Responsible for ensuring accuracy of the general ledger.
• Responsible for month-end close process.
• Reviews and verifies accuracy of account balances and classifications.
• Analyzes changes in account balances and makes recommendations to correct errors as appropriate.
• Ensures that bank accounts, subsidiary ledgers, receivable and payable aging reports and inventory listings are reconciled to the general ledger monthly.
• Assists Customer Service to ensure that sales (shipments) transactions are posted to the proper general ledger accounts in the proper accounting period.
• Assists AR specialist to ensure that cash receipt transactions are posted to the proper general ledger accounts, in the proper accounting period and that accounts receivables are collected timely.
• Ensures that capital asset transactions are posted to the proper general ledger accounts in the proper accounting period.
• Ensures that debt transactions are posted to the proper general ledger accounts in the proper accounting period.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration (Required)
• 2+ years of general ledger experience
• Strong knowledge of GAAP
• Collaboration, analytical and multi-task skills are a must
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.