GENERAL MAINTENACE TECH
(Work Schedule: Full Time- Days with rotating weekends)
A General Maintenance Technician performs a variety of duties in and around the buildings of the hospital complex. Duties include repair and installation of plumbing fixtures, cleaning of drain lines, repairs and maintenance of machinery and mechanical equipment. The General Maintenance Technician would also perform minor electrical repairs and completes documentation as required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Minimum Position Requirements:
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities, and seeks opportunities to improve department and inter-department processes.
- Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
- Serves as a resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of staff and patients.
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Trouble-shoots and makes necessary repairs as well as installations of new service or projects as needed.
- Replaces or repairs plumbing fixtures and cleans drain lines.
- Does minor electrical repairs and completes the required documentation.
- Maintains and cares for hospital grounds and performs general outside maintenance duties.
- Assists with security matters as required, during normal working hours.
- Performs the duties of the Hospital First Response Team.
- Prefer a thorough knowledge of and 3 years previous experience in equipment preventative maintenance; building repairs, non-patient connected hospital equipment repairs, general knowledge of grounds care and maintenance.
- Special Qualifications
- Clear and pleasant speaking voice.
- Able to work independently and prioritize responsibilities.
- Good organizational skills.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom