Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Position Summary:
The General Technician/Gen Tech/ works as a team planning and carrying out special projects at the campus to include carpentry, light plumbing, light electrical, light HVAC, painting, sheetrock, and finishing work. The position is responsible for carrying out the majority of the actual work with assistance from the maintenance crew when applicable. The position will also assist the Maintenance and with their daily work when time permits or as applicable. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and conducts special project work
- Assists Maintenance crew with their accountabilities
- Coordinates purchasing of needed materials for special projects
- Purchases and receives using PO system to purchase needed materials
- Makes recommendations for supplies and equipment for purchases to Fleet & Facilities Manager
- Complies with directions and instructions from Operations & Facilities Manager and performs other tasks and assumes such responsibilities as may be assigned
- Maintains positive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and others in the conduct of company business and demonstrates team work in daily activities
- Is prompt, timely, and thorough in completing assignments and attending to details accurately and efficiently
- Meets attendance standards and complies with notification procedures for absences
- Provides complete and accurate information in the conduct of company business
- Maintains confidentiality in the conduct of district business
- Complies with Aramark policies as well as state and federal laws and regulations
- Follows the daily work schedule and makes good use of time. Assist with time management when needed.
- Participate in using Aramark's TMA system as required on cell phones etc.
Other assignments as directed by manager
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid PA driver's license.
- Three (3) years in building maintenance trades.
- Able and willing to work in inclement weather.
- Working knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems and general carpentry.
- Full range of mobility outdoors, indoors, and in confining areas, using stairs, ramps, or ladders.
- Must comply with all applicable safety and local regulations, standards, and procedures.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.