Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Position Summary: Perform tasks related to maintaining and improving the campus grounds and campus buildings. Essential Functions:
- Inspects assigned buildings on a routine basis and performs maintenance where necessary while keeping facilities in serviceable condition.
- Reports major maintenance needs to Zone Maintenance supervisor for referral to shop-crafts or other corrective actions as necessary.
- Performs stand-by duty call on a regular call basis and responds to after-hours and weekend emergency call-backs.
- Repairs various fixtures, hardware, and facilities as required, and other necessary maintenance duties.
- Safely operates a service truck (pick-up, mini truck, or gator) on a college campus.
- Must be able to lift or move heavy objects up to 80lbs and must be able to stand and work as long as 12 hours in different positions.
- Performs other duties as necessary and cooperate with other people within the department and other department personnel in completing assigned tasks.
- Must be able to interact and possess communication skills with individuals at all levels of organization, as well as clients, vendors, and sub-contractors.
- Assist in preparing campus for special events and working on weekends, if necessary..
- Plant, trim, spray, mow, weed, fertilize, sweep, rake, cultivate, plant, dig, water, shovel snow, remove ice, spread salt and/or sand, and other related functions of a groundskeeper.
- .Must be able to endure extreme heat and cold.
- Operate various types of equipment including front end loaders, power mowers, saws, sprayers, weed eaters, hedge trimmers, blowers, hand pruners and pole straws.
- Must attend safety meetings as required.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Display the necessary initiative and dependability to work alone or in groups.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid PA driver's license.
- Able and willing to work in inclement weather.
- Full range of mobility outdoors, indoors, and in confining areas, using stairs, ramps, or ladders.
- Must comply with all applicable safety and local regulations, standards, and procedures.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.