has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a General Manager
to work extensively with Coop Management and a local board of directors. You must understand accounting, finance/budgeting, planning, business process controls, as well as good communication, supervisory, public relations and organizational skills to manage the total operation. You must be able to make decisions, work independently, and be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. CHS Grainland
is located in Holyoke, Colorado and surrounding area including Ogallala & Brule NE, Amherst, Julesburg, Haxtun, Fleming, CO with 9 locations in total. Operationally grain is the primary focus with 22 million bushels of storage including a new shuttle facility. CHS-Grainland’s other departments include petroleum/LP, feed and convenience Stores at 3 locations.
***Accepting applications thru end of day October 15th, 2017***
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Manage the region operation according to company objectives to provide patrons with prompt, courteous and effective service while maintaining the efficiency necessary to achieve a maximum margin of profit.
- Establish and implement a program of safety and equipment maintenance to avoid breakdowns and limit safety hazards. Operate in compliance with all company safety policies.
- Evaluate patron credit needs and extend credit in accordance with company policies. Monitor credit liability and manage the collection of accounts receivable.
- Monitor the daily long/short position for grain, petroleum and freight to effectively control grain & petroleum handling, storage, and transportation capabilities.
- Educate both employees and patrons in the operations of the Coop’s business objectives to enhance employee effectiveness and improve customer relations.
- Establish and implement short-term goals that are consistent with long-range plans for growth in operation, including facility, equipment and personnel.
- Utilize team / personnel within company to maximize profitability for the Coop as a company.
- Manage the region’s workforce through responsible training and clear job assignment definition and explanation, including organizational chart, job descriptions, and regular employee reviews (annual).
- Monitor the work of all employees to correct deficient performance and effectively reward and develop all employees.
- Oversee the information provided for month-end close, inventory valuation, bringing contracts to market, physical inventory, freight, etc. Properly document daily and month-end accounting transactions for compliance with the owners’ Sarbanes-Oxley procedures.
- Oversee the administration of company policies and procedures to ensure our promise of helping our owners grow is fulfilled.
- Communicate with branch manager and department manager to coordinate and complete all aspects of the consolidated operation.
- Conduct ongoing communications with Board of Directors, management, and appropriate divisional personnel.
- Keep abreast of industry trends or changes to accurately answer patron inquiries.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Degree in Agriculture or Business (additional years of Cooperative management experience may offset education)
- 5 plus years of Cooperative Manager experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Business
- Coop General Manager experience
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.