Praxair Surface Technologies (PST), a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking a General Manager for our Aviation Coating Services (ACS) business.
Working with significant latitude, this position is responsible for ACS business profit and loss, in addition to developing and achieving all strategic business objectives. This includes (but is not limited to) safety, financial metrics, manufacturing, quality, growth, marketing, product development and strategic planning. This position’s geographic scope is primarily the United States.
The General Manager (ACS) will report to the Vice President of PST, Americas.
Preferred location for this individual will be Indianapolis, IN. General Manager (ACS)
- Directs the activities of both the commercial and manufacturing operations, including sales, plant operations, engineering, business development, safety, quality and various support functions
- Ensures compliance with all Praxair policies including standards of Business Integrity, safety and environmental procedures and standards as well as compliance with quality procedures and standards, fixed and variable cost control, plant reliability and production performance, plant efficiency monitoring, cost reduction via six sigma and other continuous improvement tools
- Leads business sites to achieve established strategic and tactical goals
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of business environments
- Develops input on the strategic plan for the business
- Prepares the annual business plan
- Drives results to ensure that ACS is meeting both short and long term growth objectives
- Engages a global customer base on current applications, growth opportunities, and resolves customer disputes
- Monitors the production processes to ensure that the Quality Assurance functions, Job Instructions, and shop practices are maintained at their highest level of capability
- Ensures that process capability problems are identified and resolved
- Implements and maintains metrics for the production area regarding on-time delivery, process capability, and capacity
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA/MA preferred
- 5-10 years management experience
- 5-10 years direct selling experience
- Knowledge and experience with Aviation/Aerospace markets strongly preferred
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50%
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.