Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: About Aramark Correctional Services
Aramark Correctional Services (ACS) is far and away the leader in outsourced food services within the Corrections industry, preparing well over 1,000,000 meals a day for state, county and city facilities. We are perhaps best known for our food, but to be the leader you need to do more. At ACS, we endeavor to Go Beyond for our clients by helping them solve the unique challenges of the corrections environment. We do this through the development of innovative programs that benefit not only the client, but also the officers, the offenders and the surrounding community. We also Go Beyond for our people by providing a foundation for professional growth and advancement through world-class training and development at every level. ACS maintains an environment that encourages innovative thinking and humble confidence by nurturing and retaining the very best, talented, goal-oriented individuals who recognize the unique opportunities ACS offers. Go Beyond. For You. With You.
About the Position:
As a General Manager (GM) for Correctional Services, you will provide overall planning, direction, and control to assigned units within a defined district, in order to achieve various operating and financial goals. This person reports directly to the District Manager. The incumbent will be responsible for the following locations: Chillicothe, Ross, South Eastern, and Hocking Correctional Facilities.
Duties of this position include:
- Provide guidance and motivation to Front Line Managers and other area staff
- Establish and maintain effective client and customer rapport with a mutually beneficial business relationship
- Formulate strategic business decisions and be able to execute and deliver on those decisions
- Identify and engage top talent and develop team members to their fullest potential within the organization
- Maintain the financial and business planning process
- Leverage relationships to support new and existing business growth
- This position supervises inmates
- Other duties as assigned
Employment with Aramark Correctional Services is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of all required pre-employment screening checks. Once an offer of employment is made, applicants will be required to undergo various pre-employment screening checks including, but not limited to, criminal background checks. Criminal background check results are reviewed and analyzed in accordance with applicable law and all appropriate factors are considered, including the nature and gravity of the offense(s), the amount of time that has passed since the commission of the offense(s), the relationship between the offense(s) and the job being sought, operating contract requirements and factors required by state law.
- A bachelor's degree in one of the following: Institutions Management, Food and Nutrition, Business Administration or other related field, plus a minimum of 4 year's relevant experience.
- Managing and communicating effectively in a diverse, multi-location environment with focus on client and customer services is a key factor of this job.
- Developing and engaging Front Line Managers to successfully support business needs is essential to being an effective leader.
- The ability to take initiative and make decisions based off information provided and changing demands is an essential capability to be successful in this role.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-management service experience is required.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is essential.
- Previous contract-managed service experience is desirable.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.