**Requisition ID:** 27530BR
**Job Title:** General Manager Hauling
**Division:** 3845: Saguaro Environmental
**Location:** 04001: Tuscon-5055 S Swan Rd
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Exempt
The General Manager is responsible for leading one of the Company’s Business Units which includes full profit loss responsibility for all facets of the operation. Working in a matrix management environment, the position manages an infrastructure team comprised of division-level managers, including Operations, Fleet Management, Sales, Finance, Human Resources, Safety and Environmental Compliance, and Environmental Engineering, who support the total operation of the Business Unit. The General Manager executes a local market strategy that complements the Area’s overall strategic operating and marketing plans and implements tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence and budget achievement. The General Manager manages all matters related to collection and/or post-collections operations (transfer stations, landfills, recycling centers and/or complexes); represents the Company to customers, vendors and municipal customers and other external stakeholders; oversees effective safety and accident prevention programs and leads all operations to ensure compliance with standards; and drives change management initiatives to introduce and sustain new processes that contribute to the growth and durability of the Business Unit
• Implements and executes plans to complement the Area’s strategic operating plan; champions the execution of the strategic plan and tactical initiatives within the Business Unit, including but not limited to operating safely, enhancing customer experience, improving efficiency and maximizing profitability.
• Works with Area and Region sales management to drive the commercial, industrial, residential and municipal sales efforts within the Business Unit to achieve targeted growth objectives, exceed customer experience expectations and optimize profitability.
• Oversees effective safety and accident prevention programs to ensure all reasonable action are taken to prevent accidents and injuries; ensures a safe and productive work environment for all employees.
• Leads operations to ensure compliance with all standards including environmental, operating, regulatory, safety, accounting and ethics.
• Manages performance and talent development..
• Builds and maintains strong and effective relations with relevant government, community and environmental groups.
• This position may require travel by air, car and/or other modes of transportation up to 30% of the time.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering or Business.
• Master’s Degree.
• Previous experience in the environmental services industry.
• Previous employment by a Fortune 500 company.
• Experience in labor relations.
• Minimum of 7 years progressive leadership and management responsibility.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 3 years of progressive leadership and management responsibility.
• Minimum of 3 years of P & L experience.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• Demonstrated business acumen, strategic thinking and an ability to execute against formulated strategy.
• Ability to lead large scale change initiatives.
• Ability to direct large staff of functional experts to execute the corporate strategy.
• Ability to build strong sales teams; select best candidates, coach and develop the best talent.
• Process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
• Ability to optimize near-term results that contribute to long-term sustainable success.
• Collaborative; builds and works with teams.
• Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions.
• Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
• Ability to manage an extended span of control, with multiple sites and multiple business lines (e.g., hauling, landfills, recycling, new business).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.