Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Aramark Uniform Services (AUS) provides uniforms and related products to more than 400,000 customers nationwide, in virtually every industry. From designing and manufacturing to laundering and delivering, AUS works with local and national clients to create and maintain a total uniform solution that promotes teamwork and establishes a professional identity. AUS operates from over 200 locations nationwide and has an immediate opportunity for a General Manager of Production
in Toledo, Oh.
General Manager candidates must exhibit proficiency and comprehension in seven core competency areas. Those are:
Leadership, Management of People, Sales and Growth, Customer Service, Financial Understanding,Operational Understanding, and Technical Skills.
- Manage a market center location (annual revenue from $9M+ average) including management of the production facility
- Control costs of material, direct/indirect labor and equipment in accordance to budget
- Use strategic and leadership skills to facilitate employee selection, development, retention, motivation, and strong customer relationships
- Establish a cohesive team between sales, service, and production departments to meet organizational goals
- Maintain compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws/regulations that affect Market Center operations and safety, while promoting safety policies and awareness
- Maintain effective relationship with all internal and external customers
- If in a union facility, develop an effective management/labor relationship
- Drive profitability and growth by obtaining new customers and retaining current customer relationships and maintain the market center's total managed volume
- Ensure compliance with contracts and company policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent experience considered
- Five to seven years of progressive management responsibility
- Demonstrated success in operations management in a production facility or manufacturing environment
- Considerable knowledge of financial reporting, including: profit and loss, sales, and capital expenses
- Significant customer interface and service responsibilities
- Twelve to eighteen months of business to business sales
- Strong analytical and process management skills
- Travel within the region is required
- A valid driver's license is required
- Successful completion of Criminal Background, Motor Vehicle Record, and Drug Screen checks
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.