Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world. Description
Our Leisure group within SLC specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums and other day-use cultural attractions.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include:
- Asilomar Conference Center, California
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- Glacier Bay, Alaska
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
- Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
- Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
- Olympic Peninsula, Washington
- Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
- Delivers strong operational performance by executing against Aramark Leisure , Yosemite Operations objectives and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, completing assessments and developing necessary action plans to provide optimal managed services and drive employee and customer satisfaction
- Provides operational expertise in the areas of lodging, activities, food , beverage, retail, fleet and transportation throughout the organization
- Manages all profit centers budget
- Manage the client and community relationships, while providing hands on execution management of operations.
- Recommends methods, resources, and implementation for improvement based on operational needs/capabilities
- Builds, develops, and manages Management team capable of carrying out needed organizational objectives
- Assisting in the design of improvements to optimize financial performance and operational productivity, Operational Excellence
- Interpreting and ensuring compliance as well as applicable government, regulatory and/or accrediting agency standards and codes.
- Maintains compliance with Aramark's standards of operation. Adheres to Aramark's Business Conduct Policy at all times. Maintains all records and reports to ensure compliance, with all local, state and federal regulations and codes.
- Ensures compliance to all safety standards, in adherence with Aramark SAFE
- Bachelor's degree level education highly preferred in an area of Food Service, Hospitality, Facilities, or Business Management.
- A minimum of five years experience in a hospitality environment.
- A minimum of five years previous experience in creating and managing a department budget; creating and managing product sales, and implementing operational programs and initiatives
- A minimum of three years previous experience in directing the work of multiple-unit managers
- A minimum of two years of previous experience in financial controls and analysis