At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a General Supervisor for the Personal Safety Division located in Valley, NE. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Operations General Supervisor will be a key leader in a large manufacturing operation supporting multiple divisions. Application of broad knowledge and extensive experience will be required to manage across multiple value streams, solve complex problems, and ensure compliance with established manufacturing principles.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direct supervision and coaching for production supervisors and other operational staff. Accountable for the activities and results of their direct reports.
- Responsible for budget responsibility for work group. Leads production team to meet safety, quality, customer service and cost objectives.
- Lead the development and implementation of improvements and/or solutions to work processes and tools in support of business and strategic plans.
- Develop and be accountable for metrics which monitor plant performance, such as productivity, yield, customer complaints, operational costs, etc.
- Provide manufacturing support to meet division NPI program objectives and timelines.
- Collaborate with extended value stream partners to identify, prioritize and resource programs in alignment with business strategy. Proactively communicate project direction and status to appropriate personnel.
- Implement and optimize processes to improve results. Champion Lean Six Sigma projects and coach employees on tool use to improve safety, quality, service and cost.
- Determine priorities, timelines, resource assignments. Provide employee performance feedback and reviews on a regular basis.
- Actively participate in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, comply with professional and quality standards, comply with corporate policies and procedures and act in a professional manner consistent with 3M's values and ethical standards.
- Willingness to be on-call as many operations run 24 hours a day
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of seven (7) years of combined manufacturing and/or engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related technical discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory and/or managerial experience
- Strong communication skills to lead direct reports as well as manage customer interactions
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills
- Project leadership experience and demonstrated ability to develop and drive time lines
- Lean Six Sigma, Black Belt or Green Belt experience
- Experience in Lean Management Systems
- Ability to work well cross functionally
May include up to 10% travelRelocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.