D&D Power / RED-D-ARC (an Airgas company) is the largest provider of generators, light towers, welding and welding-related rental products and services in North America, with over 70,000 units in our fleet. Red-D-Arc currently offers rental welding-equipment through over 70 service centers in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Europe and the Middle East, as well as through Airgas construction Stores and dealer network that included the Caribbean, Puerto Rico, Trinidad, Kazakhstan and Australia.
Under the direction of the Shop Supervisor and/or Field Manager, the incumbent performs basic pre- and post-rental service and maintenance on machines while ensuring a safe working environment.
We are looking for A Service Technician who:
• Ensures a safe work environment by following Airgas/Red-D-Arc's health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Services several types of diesel engines, light towers and pumps
• Troubleshoots diesel engine and electrical issues
• Ensures machines are tested, calibrated and run according to manufacturer's specifications
• Ensures machine appearance reflects current Red-D-Arc standards, including re-painting, washing and installing new decals on machines when necessary
• Ensures proper service documentation is completed in a timely and accurate fashion
• Inspects returned equipment for proper operation and /or damage by the customer
• Operates a forklift, pallet jack or other necessary equipment to stock required parts in the shop.
• Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment by ensuring all health and safety guidelines are followed
• Occasionally required to service equipment and customers off-site.
• Communicates with all branch personnel, including Repair and Lead Techs, Shop Supervisor, Branch Manager, Inside Sales and customers in a professional manner.
• Accurate reporting of all scheduled duties assigned by Management.
• Monitor e-mails, text messages and phone calls during working hours and 24 hours when responsible for after hour on-call duties.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Post secondary education equivalent to a one year Technical College or equivalent is an asset.
• Three years of related technical experience.
• Working knowledge of positioning equipment, welding application and equipment is an asset.
• Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Ability to act proactively or find a solution with work-related problems.
• Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions.
• Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Communicates with clarity, verbally in one on one or group situations, and over the telephone.
Red-D-Arc would like to thank all candidates for their application; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.